The main principle of prostatitis treatment is an integrated approach. It's not the last place in the therapy occupied by physical activity - special exercises that will help speed up the onset of recovery. However, they must be performed correctly, according to the technique, and only after consultation with the treating physician.
To completely get rid of diseases of the urogenital system, a man needs complex treatment, which includes a series of measures. This includes physical exercises, many of which have been developed so far.
How does exercise affect the course of prostatitis?
The prostate gland consists of 3 lobes, between which there is a gap for the urethra. Each lobe contains vesicular fibers and cortex and the prostate is located below the bladder (sphincter). This whole system is tightly connected, due to which it works normally.
When the prostate is affected (there are many reasons, such as sedentary lifestyle, static postures), the fibers lose their elasticity, the tone decreases and the blood circulation is disturbed. Therefore, the blood is not supplied with the intensity with which it is necessary and in small quantities. This deprives the genitals of nutrients. As a result, the synthesis of new cells is slowed down, the local metabolism is weakened.
When the patient begins to lead an active lifestyle (doing specific exercises for the pelvic organs), the following happens:
- Stimulates the blood supply to the urogenital system, which supplies oxygen and other useful substances.
- The functional capacity of nerve cells is restored (prostatitis often occurs against a background of stress).
- Stagnation in the prostate is eliminated.
- The muscles in the perineum and hip joints are strengthened, due to which the urogenital organs are in the correct anatomical position.
- Metabolism is accelerated, the structure of the fibers is normalized.
- Tissues become more flexible.
- The inflammatory process is reduced.
The effectiveness of physical activity for prostatitis has been proven by scientific research. The reason for this was the main cause of the disease - congestion in the prostate due to disruption of blood supply.
Exercises for the treatment of chronic prostatitis
Exercises for chronic prostatitis aim to stimulate the prostate gland and increase strength. Basic exercise requirements:
- run on a hard surface.
- place a roller or a small pillow under your head.
- avoid sudden movements.
- initially the load is minimal, but gradually increasing.
Consider 4 Basic Exercises For Chronic Prostatitis:
- Take a supine position. Place your hands along the body, with the palms facing down. As you exhale, gently bend your knees and stretch them to your chest. Then stretch your legs to the side as much as you can. When inhaling, return to the starting position. Run 15-20 times.
- The starting position is the same. Bend your legs at the knee, press your feet firmly on the floor. We start to spread our legs to the sides, without lifting the heels from the surface. Hold for a few seconds and return to the starting position. The number is 15-20 repetitions for 10 approaches. Break - 20 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands along the body. We start to bend the right leg at the knee. After that, lift gently. Return to the position by straightening your leg. Repeat with the left end. Run 12 times on each side.
- Upright position. Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Hands in the middle. Perform squats soon. At the end point, stop for 2-3 seconds. Returning to the starting position without completing the approach, ie keep your legs slightly bent. Quantity - 12 times.
Exercise for congestive prostatitis
The main goal of these exercises is to improve blood flow and increase immunity in the prostate gland. The main rules when doing exercises:
- the appearance of a warm tide in the pelvic area.
- Do not interrupt the exercise.
- block sudden movements.
- try to stretch and completely relax the pelvic and anal muscles.
Basic exercises for congestive prostatitis:
- "Walking" on the buttocks.Sit on the floor, straighten your back. Legs straight. We start the movement with the hips, moving the buttocks forward. Try not to help with your hands.
- Pressure of the ball with the hips.There are two ways to do this - standing or sitting. Place a ball between your thighs. It is necessary to press and loosen the muscles alternately in the anal area. Exercise improves blood circulation. It is recommended to exercise at different rhythms - fast and slow. Quantity - 20 times.
- Pulling the legs up.Take a sitting position on the floor. Place a exercise mat under your buttocks. Tilt your body slightly back. Correct the position with your hands. We begin to gradually lift the straight legs from the surface, reaching 15 cm, after which it is necessary to bend them at the knees and reach the chest. Repeat 10-20 times. This exercise is considered difficult for people who are overweight. Therefore, the repetitions can be divided into 3 sets.
- Active foot movements.Starting position - lying on your back. Straighten your feet, heels and toes together. Keep your hands along the body. Start raising and lowering your legs gradually. After that, the pace must accelerate. The number of moves is 20 times.
- Jumping.Do 10 bounces. At the same time, it is recommended that you bend your knees and try to stretch them to the chest. Repeat after a break of 1 minute another 3 times.
- Running in place.The main thing here is to raise your legs as high as possible (at chest level). The time is 2-3 minutes.
- Pair of scissors.Sit on the floor with your torso slightly tilted back. Raise your legs 10 cm from the floor. Shake your limbs 20 times.
- A bike.Lie on the floor. Hands under the lower back. Lift your legs and bend your knees slightly. Start simulating the pedal. The time is 4-5 minutes.
- Vessel.Lie on your stomach, lift your arms and legs up. For best results, start swinging gently back and forth.
- Slopes.Be straight. When exhaling, lower your body as much as possible, trying to touch the floor with your fingers. Hold this position for about 10 seconds. Repeat several times.
Exercises for sedentary patients
A sedentary lifestyle leads to chronic prostatitis. To avoid this, it is necessary to perform a set of exercises that can be performed daily in the workplace:
- Sit in a chair. Join your arms and place them on your stomach (below the navel). Take a deep breath and press with your hands. It is necessary to repeat the exercise until a feeling of warmth appears in the groin.
- Tighten and relax the muscles in the anal area. In this case, you can slightly move your hips in a circle.
- Breathing exercise. When inhaling, you should hold your breath. It is recommended to use not only the chest, but also the abdomen. Repeat 10 times.
Another type of physical therapy is Kegel exercises. Addressed to:
- strengthening the pelvic floor muscles.
- reduction of pain syndrome;
- normalize erection and increase the duration of sexual intercourse.
- improved blood flow.
Types of exercises:
- Delayed urination. In this case, it is necessary to stretch the buttocks as much as possible, then relax and continue the procedure. You need to do it 2-3 times on a trip to the toilet.
- Holding your breath for 15 seconds, contract your gluteal muscles. Relax as you exhale. Run several times.
- Legs open shoulder width apart. Begin to tighten the buttocks slightly and then gradually increase the strength.
The main thing to get the result is to exercise in the morning, when the penis is in an erect state. Also, try to spend more time walking in the fresh air, swimming, jogging and cycling.
Some people are skeptical about this kind of spiritual practice. But the mistake is that yoga is not just meditation, but it has special postures that require certain skills and physical training. Properly performed postures have a beneficial effect on treatment (relieve inflammation, supply the tissues with useful substances, improve blood circulation and the erection process).
Let's look at some simple exercises:
- Lotus position. Sit on the floor. Place your right foot under your left lower thigh and your left foot below your right. In this position, you should sit for about 15-20 minutes. If you want to complicate the exercise a bit, then the legs should be placed on top of the thighs. Soak in the stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Sit on the floor. Take one of the legs in your hands (from the ankle or heel), start lifting your leg, helping with your hands, on your face. Try to throw your foot back over your head. Eliminate sudden movements. If you feel pain, stop exercising and choose another exercise.
- Take a horizontal position on your back. Place your hands on the surface. Lift your slightly bent legs and move them behind your head until your toes are on the floor. At the end point, leave for 10-15 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Lock your hands behind your head. Start lifting the body. Stop at the point for 10 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat several times.
- The starting position is the same. Wrap your arms around your ankles. Lift your body and legs. Keep your arms and back tense. You should also tighten your buttocks. Soak for 10 seconds. When inhaling, return to the starting position. Rest time - 1 minute.
All movements are performed smoothly. Take your time to exercise as soon as possible. Relaxation exercises should be done before each workout.
In this exercise, most of the load falls on the pelvis. Exercise should be done 4-5 times a week in the morning or before bedtime.
- Sit in the lotus position. Straighten your back, do not throw your head back. Place your hands on your knees. Perform circular motions with the body using the pelvis. Make 10 circles clockwise and 10 circles counterclockwise. This exercise restores urination, relieves the limits of pain and strengthens the internal organs of the pelvis. Watch your breathing.
- Take an upright position. Place your feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your waist. Make 15 circular motions with the pelvis in one direction and the same amount in the other. This exercise improves blood circulation and restores an erection.
- The starting position is the same. Place both hands (palms) on your left knee. Begin to slowly lift the limb, pressing lightly with your hands. Extend your hand to your chest and set it aside. Try to keep your balance. Stop at the end point for 10 seconds. Then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg. Number - 5 lifts for each lower limb. Rest time - 1 minute. When exercising, focus on the pelvis.
- Starting position - sitting on the floor. Bend your knees and pull them to the side. Press your feet on top of each other. The heels should touch the groin. Keep your hands on your waist. Perform gentle knee lifts. It should look like fluttering its wings. Watch your rhythm and breathing, exclude sudden movements. Exercise is performed daily. Helps strengthen the groin and urinary system, stimulates the pelvic floor muscles, relieves pain.
The integrated therapeutic gymnastics includes the application of various activities.
Walking and running
Running and walking have worked well for prostatitis:
- Moderate walk with gradual increase of the rhythm. Warm up initially. Walk 100 meters at a steady pace and then increase your speed. The maximum distance is not more than 3 km.
- Walk 50 meters at your normal pace and then run for another 250 meters. After that, change the run to walking and repeat the same for another 2-3 kilometers.
- Jogging with acceleration. Run 200 meters, then increase your speed and cover the same distance. Then return to the original rhythm. The distance is 2-2, 5 km.
Therapeutic gymnastics in the gym
When exercising with the help of simulators or sports equipment, do not use heavy loads. Use lightweight components. The following activities are appropriate for the treatment of prostatitis:
- relaxing warm-up;
- shallow squats with bar - 10 times in 3 sets.
- forward falls with weights - 12 times for each lower limb.
- lifting the trunk on the "Roman bench" - 15 times.
- leg flexion-extension with platform.
Try to pay attention to machines that use your feet.
Exercise to prevent prostatitis
The preventive exercise complex can take place not only in the initial stage of the disease, but also at the time of progression:
- Kneel and spread them out. Legs together. Sit on your heels with your buttocks. Place your hands on your feet and straighten your back. Start tightening the anus muscles for 5 seconds and then relax for the same time. If you feel discomfort, then the exercise is performed correctly.
- Upright position. As you exhale, lower your body. Hold for 3-5 seconds and then do a deep squat. Returning to the starting position, do the opposite (first straighten your legs and then lift your body). The number of descent and ascent is 15 times.
- Stand with your back to the wall. With your knee bent, rest your feet on a vertical surface. Staying in this position, do a squat (not deep). Repeat with the other leg. Quantity - 10-15 times.
- Get a chair or any wonderful item. Place one of the two legs and take deep forward walks. Change the limb and repeat the exercise. Do it 20 times.
- Get a tight ball (football or basketball will do). Sit on top and make circular rotations with your pelvis. For balance, you can hold the equipment with your hands.
- Lie on the floor. Hands behind your head. Lift the core with the right elbow reaching the left knee and vice versa. Maintain a moderate pace.
Before performing any type of exercise, you should remember the contraindications for which therapeutic exercises are prohibited. These include:
- increased body temperature;
- infectious and inflammatory processes.
- high blood pressure?
- the postoperative recovery period;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- stroke and heart attack.
In addition to these contraindications, there are situations in which the patient should be wary of any kind of exercise. You should also rule out increased loads.
- hernia (groin, spine or white line of the abdomen).
- exacerbation of prostatitis;
- malignant formations.
In case of worsening of the general condition, appearance of pain, dizziness or other symptoms of malaise, you should immediately stop exercising and consult a specialist. You must also remember that abstinence or, on the contrary, unrestrained contact is harmful to health.
By performing prostatitis exercises correctly, you will provide the organ with normal blood circulation, due to which not only will the symptoms subside, but recovery processes will also begin to occur. Do not forget to consult your urologist before starting classes.