The treatment of prostatitis of any form and type involves a comprehensive approach. And diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will learn which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process and which are the best to refuse. And also about the basic rules and principles of diet for prostatitis.
When treating both acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend additional diet. Therefore, patients need to know how to properly prepare food during treatment, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that are allowed to cook.
General principles and goals of the diet
The basic principle of the diet for prostatitis is a proper and healthy diet. Product restriction is used for medical and prophylactic purposes. During the period of dieting, the composition of the blood is significantly improved, the function of the digestive organs, as well as the urogenital system, is normalized, which, in turn, leads to a reduction of the load on the prostate and an increase in the absorption ofdrugs. Patient discomfort in the pelvic area disappears, sexual function improves and the risk of recurrence of prostatitis is minimized.
The main goals of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of the amount of urine.
- removal of inflammation;
- pain relief and swelling.
- removing excess salt from the body.
- stool normalization;
- increased immunity;
- reducing the amount of fats and carbohydrates consumed.
- accelerate recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during the treatment period:
- yeast dough;
- spicy, salty and smoked meats.
- alcoholic beverage;
- fatty meat and fish;
- all kinds of legumes;
- fizzy drinks;
- strong tea and coffee;
- store sauces;
The list of products that make up the diet menu for prostatitis is quite large, so each patient can easily choose dishes according to his preferences:
- lean meats (rabbit, lamb, beef);
- lean poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat fish varieties (marine fish should be preferred).
- dairy products;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (bran or rye);
- all varieties of pasta;
- vegetables in any form.
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, as well as semolina, should be consumed in limited quantities.
The sour cream can only be used to dress different dishes and the butter can only be used as an addition to porridge or pasta, as well as to thinly sliced bread.
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis includes the use of chopped medium temperature food. If the body temperature is high and there is no appetite at all, doctors advise fasting for several days, provided plenty of fluids.
With the above form of the disease, it is recommended to eat food that is easily absorbed by the body and does not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The basis of the diet is vegetable dishes that are boiled or steamed, supplemented with various fruits and fermented dairy products. The use of lean meats, poultry and fish in small quantities is allowed.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and very salty foods are strictly forbidden. You should avoid products that contribute to gas formation, as well as preservation and meat by-products.
In chronic form
The diet for chronic prostatitis is not so strict. In limited quantities, you can use mushrooms, spices and dry wine (not more than 1 glass per day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the daily menu.
It is recommended to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, to limit sauces and legumes. Weak coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, porridge, salad with carrots and parsnips.
- Lunch: onion soup, porridge with wheat semolina, beef meatball, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
- Breakfast: 1-2 boiled eggs, milk soup, broth or compote.
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheesecake, broth.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, salad with seaweed, light herbal decoction.
- Lunch: stew with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and herbs, lots of fruit.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cheese sandwich, decoction of dried apricots.
- Lunch: pasta with boiled or cooked chicken, salad with vegetables, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot cutlets.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: pumpkin porridge, decoction of any dried fruit or juice.
- Lunch: buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Bedtime snack: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: salad with carrots, boiled rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: soup with meatballs, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Bedtime snack: kefir or fermented milk.
- Breakfast: homemade cottage cheese with added fruit, boiled egg, herbal tea.
- Lunch: baked potatoes with lean meat, compote with dried fruits.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, boiled chicken fillet, some fruit.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first meal, adding various spices during cooking. It is recommended to use an oven, double boiler or kitchenette to create dishes.
Cooking principles for patients with prostatitis
The diet for prostatitis is not strict, the list of forbidden foods is short, so you can cook various dishes that will satisfy every taste, following only simple cooking principles.
Meat and fish must be cooked, boiled, stewed or steamed. It is recommended to give up fat or use it as little as possible. After cooking the meat, the remaining broth can be used for various soups. In case of boiling poultry meat, you must first remove the skin, as it contains a large amount of fat. The fish can also be occasionally charcoal but eaten without the crust.
It is recommended to eat a shashlik of meat in a minimal amount, while removing the fried crust. Herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing the first dishes, especially soups, it is necessary to minimize the amount of potatoes and also to avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts recommend abandoning frying and using them exclusively raw. This approach will significantly reduce the burden on the digestive system.
The second dishes vary - cutlets, meatballs, soufflé and casserole are allowed. You can cook cereals, pots and meatballs from cereals; they are also used in cutlets and meatballs. A vegetable accompaniment is made from raw vegetables or steamed and steamed vegetables. Frying with a minimum amount of oil is allowed. It is good to choose pasta from hard varieties and use them in limited quantities.
Experts recommend the use of funchose, as it is well absorbed by the body.
Prescriptions for patients with prostatitis
Here are recipes for dishes developed by nutritionists specifically for writing a menu for a diet for prostatitis.
Roasted pink salmon in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- a small lemon;
- a bunch of greens;
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons. ;
- breadcrumbs - 1 tsp.
Remove all the bones from the fish, you can cut them into portions. Then prepare the marinade. To do this, mix the butter, crackers, add the required amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Place the lemon slices on top.
Grease a pan with oil or cover with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake for 15 minutes.
The dish can be decorated with lettuce leaves.
Veal with rice
- 150 g beef fillet?
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium carrot;
- celery and parsley root;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons. ;
Put a piece of beef in water and let it boil, then drain the water and replace it with a new one, wait until it boils again. Put the vegetables and bay leaf in a saucepan, cook the meat until soft.
Pour oil in a preheated pan and add pre-washed rice. Fry until the beans are golden brown. Then pour 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and simmer until soft.
Meat with rice can be garnished with herbs before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- paprika - 1 tsp;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 teaspoon?
- oregano - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- salt to taste.
Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices of equal size. Place in a bowl and mix with vegetable oil. Mix all the spices well. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, spread the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with spices. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potato.
Serve as a standalone dish or with a vegetable salad.
- low fat cottage cheese - 500 g.
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs. ;
- flour - 2 tablespoons. l. ;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons. large.
Grind the cottage cheese, add the yolks, sugar and flour, mix well until smooth. Beat the proteins into a firm foam and slowly add to the rest of the mass. If you want, you can add various fruits, berries or dried fruits. Transfer the future pudding to a special pan, after previously greasing it with oil. Cook in a water bath or in a kitchenette in the "Baking" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0, 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half an onion;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until soft and seasoned with salt to taste. Heat a pan, add oil and fry the chopped onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 pieces and add them to the pan, fry until soft, add the diced tomatoes, add herbs and spices as desired. Leave on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add the buckwheat and stir. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup black currant berries (you can use any)
- sugar to taste.
Cut the apples in half and the core, mix the berries with the sugar. Place a small amount of berries in each half of the apple and arrange on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, bake for 15 minutes. The cool dessert can be sprinkled with sugar or powder.
- hake fillet - 300 g;
- medium potatoes - 4 pcs.
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- salt to taste.
Boil the peeled potatoes until soft, remove them from the water and melt them with the butter and cream. Put the pieces of fish in the boiled water of the potatoes and cook until they soften. Finely chop the onion and fry it in olive oil until golden brown. Beat the egg whites with the mixer until they are firm. Mix the boiled fish, the potatoes, the onions, the yolks and the salt until they are homogenized with the blender, gradually add the egg whites. Put the mixture in a pan. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the souffle for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- flour 100 gr.
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste.
Boil the carrots until soft, peel and chop in a blender. Add the flour, eggs, salt, mix until smooth. Make small, uniform cutlets and fry until soft. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar - 1 glass;
- cherries or berries - 500 g.
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Boil water, add the spices and leave on the fire for 4-5 minutes. Add the cherries and sugar. Dissolve the starch in 1 glass of water and gradually add to the pot with the remaining ingredients. Keep the fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from heat and cool.
Exit the diet
After completing the treatment of prostatitis, the diet should be gradually withdrawn. The diet should be properly balanced and abrupt transition to forbidden foods should be avoided. Experts recommend that you follow the diet in the future and gradually introduce new foods, while carefully monitoring the body's response. When designing a diet, it is essential to minimize the consumption of large amounts of fatty foods or semi-finished products.
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to give up excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and unhealthy and heavy foods, fast food and to prefer the right diet.
Advantages and disadvantages of diet
With strict adherence to the nutritional diet, a positive result is observed after 3 days. TOadvantagesdiets include:
- significant reduction in pain.
- prevention of disease exacerbation;
- lack of hunger;
- weight normalization.
TOdisadvantagesshould be attributed to a serious dietary addiction in those people who prefer fried, spicy and smoked, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- Man, 39 years old: "A year ago, doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to medication, diet foods were prescribed. It was difficult to get used to the new diet, because I never limited myself to food. However, after the first few days, I noticed"An improvement in the condition and the pain began to disappear. I try not to eat junk and heavy foods when I stopped dieting, I feel great, the work of the digestive organs and the condition of the body as a whole has improved, there have been no relapses. "
- Man, 54 years old: "I have never limited myself to food. I noticed that after eating fat and spicy, an outbreak of prostatitis begins. I decided to listen to the opinion of experts and use a diet to prevent exacerbations. At first it was unusual, butThe menu is quite varied, which allows me not to feel hungry and to find dishes that suit me. After switching to such a diet, my state of health has improved significantly and exacerbations occur less and less often.
- Woman, 42: "My husband was diagnosed with prostatitis, prescribed medication and diet. Initially, my husband refused to limit himself to food, was constantly breaking down and eating fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease, but he fell ill. "He started dieting. , prescribed by a doctor. His health condition has improved in almost a few days, the digestive problems are gone, the overweight has decreased. The disease has subsided and I have not been bothered for a long time. ".
The prostatitis diet not only helps to significantly speed up the healing process, but also to heal the body as a whole, as it provides for the rejection of harmful foods. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right dishes and not go hungry.