Duration of treatment of prostatitis
It is impossible to calculate the exact duration of treatment for prostatitis. In each case, they have seized it, despite obstacles we can scarcely imagine. "The treatment aims to eliminate the symptoms and restore the man's emotional state. The basis of treatment is taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
The duration of their application ranges from 4 to 12 weeks. The treatment regimen is chosen by the doctor. It focuses on the results of research conducted for the diagnosis.
In addition, the following drugs are prescribed:
- antiviral drugs?
- vitamin complexes.
Chronic prostatitis is more difficult to treat. Therefore, the treatment will last much longer.
If after 3 months of taking antibiotics, there is no positive trend, surgery is performed. The recovery process takes another 1-2 months.
Treatment of acute prostatitis depends on the timeliness of the doctor's visit. The earlier the disease is discovered, the less effort will be needed to eradicate it.
Physiotherapy and diet will help speed up medication and improve its effectiveness.
The duration of taking antibacterial drugs is 14-20 days. This time is enough to relieve the symptoms of the disease.
The result of the treatment is:
- normalize urination function?
- elimination of pain and pressure in the perineum?
- erection restoration?
- improve sperm quality.
- Strengthen the immune system.
In some cases, your doctor may prescribe microcycles and prostate massage.
How to speed up the healing process?
The speed of recovery depends to a large extent on the actions of the man outside the medical unit. With the help of folk remedies, you can increase the effectiveness of the main treatment.
The following applies to this purpose:
- medical gymnastics?
- hot baths
- folk remedies.
Adherence to the doctor's recommendations is of no small importance for the effectiveness of the treatment. A man should stop having sex for a while. It is important to avoid hypothermia and stressful situations. It is also recommended to follow a healthy lifestyle.
Adherence to a certain diet will strengthen the body, which will speed up the healing process. The diet must be balanced. It is recommended to stop eating fatty foods.
Promotes the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, which slow down blood circulation in the pelvis. Adding parsley, walnuts, cucumbers and dill to the diet will help enhance the work of the prostate.
Alcohol consumption reduces the effectiveness of antibacterial therapy and inhibits prostate function.
The duration of prostatitis treatment depends on the man's level of fitness. A sedentary lifestyle affects the process of blood circulation in the genitals. Therapeutic exercise helps to normalize it, which keeps the prostate gland in a normal state.
The loads gradually increase as the body strengthens. It is recommended that you perform the exercises under the supervision of a specialist.
- increased body temperature.
- postoperative period?
- chronic diseases of the internal organs in the acute stage.
Exercises are performed without injury. The transition between them should be smooth. It is necessary to warm up before exercise. He will avoid injury.
It is recommended that you contract and unscrew the anal muscles during each exercise. This will increase the effectiveness of the therapeutic exercises.
The hot bath ensures blood flow to the pelvic organs. This helps eliminate painful sensations.
To make the effect more intense, it is recommended that you follow these rules:
- water temperature - not more than 40⁰С.
- bath time - no more than 20 minutes.
- Before using hot baths, you should consult a urologist.
It is useful for the male body to add aromatic herbs to the bath. They help normalize the urinary system and have a relaxing effect.
The following recipes are most effective:
- 70 grams of lavender should be poured with 5 liters of hot water. Within 15 minutes, the drug comes to readiness, after which it is added to the bath. The full course of treatment includes 10 procedures.
- Pour boiling water over the pine needles and leave for 15 minutes. After stretching, the broth is added to the bath. During the procedure, redness of the skin may be observed. This indicates an improvement in blood circulation.
- 5 liters of hot water require 70 grams of dry yarrow. The drug is infused for 10 minutes. The bath with the addition of a decoction is taken no more than 8 minutes. The duration of treatment includes 15 procedures.
Traditional therapies work as a complementary therapy. Without the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, they will not have the desired effect on the disease.
The most effective folk remedies include:
- 2 mummy tablets should be diluted under running water until completely dissolved. The resulting product is taken 3 times daily before meals.
- 500 grams of pumpkin seeds should be finely chopped with a blender and then mixed with 200 ml of bee honey. Small balls roll from the resulting mass. It is recommended to keep them in the refrigerator. The drug is taken 1 piece before meals.
- The birch tar should be heated and combined with 3 tbsp. large. propolis tinctures. Using a pipette, the medicated ointment is injected into the rectal opening every day before going to bed. The amount of prostatitis in men treated this way depends on its severity. On average, this takes 1-2 months.
- Pour 300 ml of warm water into the vegetable mixture of juniper, winter green, celandine, bearberry and plantain. After that, the infusion is put on stand in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- In acute prostatitis, you should eat a pinch of crushed worm with warm water. The interval between doses is 2 hours.
- The dried and finely chopped aspen bark in a volume of 100 grams must be poured with 1 liter of hot water. For 15 minutes, the drug is cooked on low heat. You should cool it half an hour before meals once a day.
- Kalanchoe leaves are finely chopped using a blender. One glass of the mixture will require 100 ml of vodka or pure alcohol. Within 5 days, the agent comes on standby. You need to take the tincture for 1 tsp. per day.
What happens if the inflammation remains untreated?
Some men, having learned how long it takes to treat prostatitis, let the problem go away on its own. In its neglected form, prostatitis turns from an acute form to chronic. The duration of the treatment period in this case increases. It can take several months.
With the long-term course of non-infectious prostatitis, the following complications occur:
- urinary disorder?
- problems with ejaculation, lack of sexual desire
- reduced sperm quality.
- nervous disorders?
- hardening of the prostate.
Infectious form of prostatitis is a dangerous spread of infection to other organs of the small pelvis. As a result, the function of the urinary system is disturbed, an erection disappears completely. The risk of developing cystitis, abscess, cystitis or infertility increases.
The most dangerous complication is an abscess. Leads to kidney infection and stagnation of urine.
With a prolonged course of prostatitis in the prostate area, scars form, which are removed only with the help of surgery.
If prostatitis is accompanied by adenoma or cancer, the chance of a favorable outcome is reduced. Surgery is required to eliminate the disease.
The duration of treatment for prostatitis depends on a combination of different factors. On average, this process takes 1-3 months. In the presence of concomitant diseases, the period increases significantly. Early diagnosis of the disease is the surest way to speed up recovery and prevent complications.