Nutritional food is prescribed by the treating physician when the first signs of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland are detected in men. Proper nutrition, although an auxiliary method of treating this disease, nevertheless gives a very tangible result, especially in combination with an active lifestyle or physical therapy exercises.
A balanced diet can significantly improve the functioning of the immune system, prevent the formation of constipation, which negatively affects prostate function and reduces the frequency of urination at night. In addition, the diet for the diagnosis of prostatitis in men provides natural blood flow to all internal organs. This increases the delivery of all the necessary nutrients and also prevents further irritation of the prostate as the disease worsens.
When a patient is diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, a well-chosen diet reduces the number of relapses.
A balanced diet for prostatitis and BPH will not cause discomfort and does not require severe restrictions. The list of allowed dishes and products is long enough for the menu to vary. Continued use of forbidden foods can lead to a long treatment process or even the development of a chronic stage of prostate disease. Therefore, after consulting your doctor or dietitian, you should completely abandon the forbidden foods and limit the recommended ones as much as possible.
The list of forbidden foods for chronic prostatitis or its most benign form can not be described as wide enough. Also, keep in mind that many foods cannot be consumed in large quantities. If the patient feels a strong desire to eat something forbidden, he should take into account his state of health. Thus, in the acute course of the disease, a small portion of your favorite dish can cause discomfort.
Apart from alcoholic beverages, which can irritate the urinary system and lead to severe pain, the diet for chronic prostatitis does not allow the use of the following foods:
- All legumes?
- Various sodas?
- All conservation?
- All kinds of semi-finished and by-products.
- Vegetables such as radish, sorrel, garlic and pepper.
- Fruits with high acid content.
- Muffins, white bread?
- Fatty meats?
- Fatty and fried foods?
- Various smoked products.
In the presence of pathology, it is necessary to limit the consumption of coffee or make it less strong, as well as to minimize the intake of salty and spicy dishes. Everything that is forbidden should be replaced with much healthier foods.
A balanced diet in the diagnosis of prostatitis or prostate adenoma can only be tasty or varied, even in the presence of a certain list of forbidden foods and foods. With this pathology, it is very important for the male body to receive a sufficient amount of vitamin B6, which in turn contributes to the premature absorption of useful micronutrients.
High concentrations of this vitamin are found in carrots, bran and wheat germ. Also, for faster and more effective treatment, patients struggling with prostatitis should include the following foods in their diet:
- Foods high in fiber, which help improve bowel function and prevent constipation. As a result, blood circulation in the pelvis is improved, which has a positive effect in reducing inflammatory reactions. Such products include vegetables, fruits and cereals.
- Foods high in zinc. It is this useful element that has a significant effect on the full functioning of the gland, normalizes the erection, if there are such problems and reduces the risk of male infertility. In order to fully assimilate zinc, the body needs a sufficient amount of vitamin E, in which leafy vegetables are rich. You can saturate the body with zinc by consuming nuts and seafood.
- Vegetables, berries, fruits such as pumpkins, watermelons, melons, respectively, are valuable for the return of male strength.
- Light vegetable soups, which are well absorbed by the patient's body and prevent the development of obesity.
- Fermented dairy products that help cleanse the intestines.
- Various fruit drinks and compotes. Drinking is especially important when prostatitis worsens. During this period, berry fruit drinks will be very useful.
As you can see from the list of basic foods, everything is very common and does not require special processing during preparation.
Knowing the list of allowed and forbidden products, it is very important to compose the menu correctly. When prostatitis worsens, it is best to grind the final dish as much as possible and keep it exclusively hot.
Breakfast can consist of the following items:
- Porridge (oats, corn, pearl barley) and non-sour fruits
- Omelette with fresh herbs, a small piece of cheese and berry compote.
- Cottage cheese casserole and fresh fruit.
Green tea or herbs, as well as mineral water or fresh juice are perfect as a breakfast supplement.
Lunch may include:
- Lean fish soup (it would be better to cook it in the second broth), as well as a salad of aubergines and tomatoes.
- Borscht, cooked without meat, carrot salad and fresh cucumbers, steamed fish.
- Loose rice porridge with seafood and boiled asparagus.
- Broccoli puree soup, duck and tomato butter, cucumber, low-fat cheese and olive oil salad.
- Cutlets, steamed beef, durum wheat spaghetti.
You can complete a hearty lunch with dried fruit compotes, rose infusions, green tea and fresh juice.
Dinner may include:
- Boiled seafood and sauteed vegetables?
- Meat stew with carrots and beets?
- Meat meat in sour cream, baked with vegetables.
- Beef stew
- Fish baked fish
If you feel hungry during the day, you can enjoy a snack with cheese, muesli, smoothies, low-fat cottage cheese or cheese, natural yogurt, apples and bananas, dark dark chocolate. Before brushing your teeth before going to bed, nutritionists recommend drinking a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt and, if you wish, you can eat a small portion of yogurt.
When following a diet, it is very important not to relax and suddenly start eating almost everything, because such an action can cause recurrence of the disease or lead to stomach problems.
In order for urine to leave the body in time during the worsening of prostate pathology, it is necessary to observe the regime of alcohol consumption and drink at least 2 liters of water a day (in the absence of diseases in which the amount of fluid consumed shouldbe limited). Lingonberry and cranberry fruit drinks promote the rapid removal of all bacteria through the urethra.
In order to avoid diseases that threaten men's health, it is imperative to have breakfast and snacks on some fruits every 2-3 hours. Lunch should contain low-fat soup and you should not eat fried food for dinner.
Proper nutrition is an essential part of the treatment for prostatitis. By adding regular exercise or physical therapy exercises to proper nutrition, the progress of recovery will be achieved much faster.