If we change the meaning of the Achilles heel in the sexual sphere of the representatives of the powerful half of humanity, then the prostate gland will play its role. An acute or chronic form of inflammation is always a threat to health and the causes of prostatitis in men are so different that it is not easy to treat the disease. Even with advances in medicine, urogenital pathology remains one of the most common, in addition, the disease is "newer". To diagnose it correctly, you need to know what causes prostatitis.
What is prostatitis
The term used to denote an exclusive male disease is based on two concepts: prostata (Latin for "prostate") and is (from Latin for inflammation). Prostatitis is an andrological pathology in the form of an inflammatory process that occurs in the prostate area. For various reasons, the "second heart" in the male body ceases to deal with its functions, threatening the appearance of such unpleasant phenomena as neutralization, loss of libido, reduced ejaculation, infertility.
What causes prostatitis in men
Age is not included in the list of factors that cause pathology in men. The actual statistics are unknown and the recorded cases, given the correct diagnosis, show that about 35% of young men aged 30 to 40 years face such a diagnosis.
Other causes of prostatitis in young and mature men are considered more important and threatening:
- infections (urogenital, sexually transmitted infections) or tonsillitis.
- sedentary lifestyle
- circulatory disorders (stagnation of venous blood);
- stop contact.
- prolonged abstention.
- hormonal imbalance?
- constant stress.
In young menHighly active sexual activity, as well as prolonged abstinence or irregular sexual intercourse, can cause prostatitis in young men. The course of urological pathology in them is typical in acute form and the most common cause is a sexually transmitted infection. Gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia cause acute prostatitis in young men, resulting in possible structural disorders of the prostate.
Causes of chronic prostatitis in menIf bacteria and other infectious pathogens can cause an acute form of urological pathology, then other factors can cause chronic diseases. The risk of this variant of prostatitis lies in the long and often asymptomatic course of the disease. It is not possible to immediately identify the characteristic signs and, as the disease worsens periodically, men prefer not to contact a specialist. The inflammatory process continues to develop and the following factors may contribute to the development of chronic prostatitis:
- lifting weights with a full bladder.
- anatomical disorders?
- injuries? Bacterial infection of other organs.
Causes of the acute form
When an infection enters the body through the external genitalia, the result of bacterial activity is inflammation of the prostate tissue. The acute process is clinically intense, therefore, rare problems arise with the diagnosis of prostatitis in men.
To avoid unpleasant sensations that may affect activity, it is helpful to know the main causes of acute prostatitis in men, including the following:
- infectious agents (streptococci, staphylococci, Trichomonas, chlamydia, Escherichia coli);
- nonsense in sex?
- using a urethral catheter.
- organic intervention in the examination of the urethral area.
- congestion, circulatory disorders.
By their nature, the causes of prostatitis in men are different and the most common is the action of pathogens. One type of bacteria can cause the development of pathology after sexual intercourse, while the other can contribute to the appearance of urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis. Infectious agents enter the prostate from the urethra or rectum. Early examination may reveal the presence of Klebsiella, enterococci, Trichomonas and other types of bacteria that cause prostatitis.
This type of prostatitis is more common in mature men, while younger men get sick less often. It is difficult to recognize the pathology, so over time it becomes chronic. The condition is aggravated by the fact that the symptoms of this form of prostatitis in men may be completely absent, and only a burning sensation in the perineum, a slight pain radiating to the inner thigh after a long walk may indicate the presence of urologically non-infectiouspathology. What factors cause venous stagnation in the small pelvis?
The main causes of prostatitis in men are:
- sedentary work?
- minimal sexual activity or termination.
- hypothermia of the pelvic organs, the whole body.
- hormonal disorders?
- inflammatory processes in the urinary system, pelvic organs, rectum; Varicose veins and other diseases associated with decreased venous blood flow.
The urological disease itself cannot be transmitted. However, medical practice proves that there is a risk: during sexual intercourse, infectious agents can enter the tissues and then bacteria will enter the prostate, causing inflammation.
The following factors make up a group of acquired causes of prostatitis:
- Perineal trauma, which may be followed by the development of a chronic inflammatory process, damage to the prostate vessels or reduced erectile function.
- Narrowing of the urinary tract, leading to decreased urine flow and increased pressure in the urethra.
- Inflammatory process in the urogenital system (urethritis), when the infection enters the prostate tissue.
- Prostate stones.
- The negative impact of professional activities.
Diagnostics of prostatitisOnly on the basis of the result of a comprehensive examination can a urologist make the correct diagnosis for a patient. To determine the nature and form of the disease, the doctor will take a history, perform a general and urological examination. To understand the clinical picture and what can cause unpleasant symptoms, a specialist will do a proper prostate examination, a painful procedure, but extremely necessary.
With regular visits to a urologist, certain diagnostic procedures can be avoided.
The main study set, which allows the diagnosis of prostatitis in men, includes the following activities:
- general urine analysis?
- prostate secretion analysis?
- ejaculation test?
- urethral swab?
- Ultrasound of the prostate
- computed tomography of the pelvic organs.
Treatment of prostatitis
A doctor can recommend how to treat urological diseases only after taking diagnostic measures. In order not to cause serious complications or to delay the treatment of prostatitis, it makes sense for the patient to use the tactics chosen by the specialist, in addition, it is important to follow the recommendations. The method of treatment for prostatitis in men will depend on the nature of the inflammatory process: infectious or non-infectious nature.
The general treatment regimen for the disease looks like this:
- Antibacterial therapy. Taking fluoroquinolone antibiotics with their unique properties is at the top of the list of drugs that can complicate and prevent the further development of prostatitis in men. Sometimes macrolide drugs can be prescribed and anti-inflammatory (non-steroidal) drugs help relieve pain.
- Physiotherapy.Each method aims to improve blood circulation, so procedures such as magnetic and laser therapy, electrophoresis, therapeutic baths are used.
- Massage.This is the most effective post-treatment medication for inflammation management. When a specialist touches this area, the pain cannot be avoided, but the massage helps to speed up the recovery, remove the pus and improve the effect of the antibiotics.
- Immunoregulatory therapy.Measures and funds aimed at correcting the state of the immune system are necessary for complete recovery. Vitamins, boosters help to restore immunity, maintain and improve well-being, so that the power seems to fight an unpleasant disease and the causes of prostatitis.
- Folk remedies, prevention.These guidelines are used as an adjunct to the treatment of the main symptoms of prostatitis in men. Herbal teas, candles and other recipes based on the gifts of nature should be used after consulting a specialist. It is also helpful for the patient to review their diet and nutrition, increase the proportion of natural products, give up alcohol, play regular sports and avoid nervous stress.