The main thing to remember when choosing medicines used to treat prostate adenoma or prostatitis is that these medicines must be prescribed by a specialist. After all, only one doctor will be able to determine the method of treatment individually for each patient, taking into account the interaction of prostate adenoma drugs with other drugs that the patient receives, also taking into account all kinds of side effects of his body.
Everyone should know that not only the pathology of the prostate itself can cause psychological and physical discomfort - the wrong drug will also bring many problems: sexual dysfunction, various allergic reactions or impotence. Therefore, you must follow a very responsible approach not only for the choice of drugs for prostatitis, but also for the treatment of such diseases in general.
The main groups of drugs for BPH and prostatitis
The method of treatment of these diseases is chosen by a urologist depending on the cause of development, duration, symptoms and form of the disease (chronic or acute), as well as the general health of the patient.
If a patient develops symptoms of acute prostatitis, short-term antibiotic treatment may be prescribed. If the disease is in the chronic phase of its development, then treatment with antibacterial drugs can take two to three months. Complete relief from prostate adenoma and prostatitis is quite difficult. The result of such treatment will depend not only on the qualifications of the attending specialist, but also on the patient himself, whose duty is impeccable and strict adherence to all doctor's prescriptions.
In this case it is very important to use the method of complex treatment of the disease, which includes:
- taking antibiotics.
- use of hormonal drugs?
- use of alpha-blockers?
- immunoregulatory therapy?
- taking muscle relaxants and anticonvulsants.
- using physiotherapy methods.
- use of herbal preparations (herbal medicines);
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In order to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of prostate adenoma permanently such as burning sensation, lower abdominal pain, urinary incontinence and decreased sexual function, a man must take all the medication prescribed by a doctor. for prostatitis, as well as perform other points of treatment necessary for the successful treatment of this pathology.
Alpha-adrenergic blockers - what are these drugs and how do they affect a man's body
One of the main tasks in the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis is to improve the normal functioning of the urinary system. The process of excretion of urine from the bladder is affected by an increase in the tone of the prostate muscle fibers, as well as by a significant increase in the size of this organ. The action of alpha-blockers is to reduce the sensitivity of the sympathetic nerve endings to norepinephrine and adrenaline. In men with adenoma and prostatitis, the stimulation of the nerve endings is much higher than normal - and this, in turn, leads to spasms and tension in the smooth muscles that surround this organ.With the help of alpha-blockers, it is possible to achieve such positive results in the treatment of this disease as: reduction of cervical spasm, improved urinary outflow, relaxation of prostate muscle fibers, free circulation of urinein the prostatic part of the urinary tract. Alpha-blockers are drugs for prostatitis that have a cumulative effect. Therefore, in order for the patient to feel relief from taking these medications, they should be used for 2-4 weeks. These drugs are used in medicine not only to treat prostate adenoma or prostatitis, but also to lower blood pressure. This is why, as a result of taking alpha-blockers, such side effects may occur: dizziness, lethargy, fatigue, migraine, weakness. Due to the relaxation of the muscle fibers of the urinary system, a man can experience such a violation as retrograde ejaculation. This condition is caused by the reflux of semen from the vas deferens directly into the bladder. The group of alpha-blockers includes about 60-65 objects from prostatitis. The specific drug in this case is selected by the doctor depending on the physical health condition of the man. Treatment with such drugs is always quite large and sometimes patients have to take alpha-blockers for life.
5-alpha-reductase inhibitors - what is known about the mechanism of action of these drugs
The main effect of these drugs is on the size of the prostate. The effectiveness of the use of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors affects the process of urination, the violation of which is minimized. These drugs for prostatitis in men have a stimulating effect on the synthesis of testosterone in the male body, which significantly slows down or completely stops the growth of prostate adenoma.
It should be noted that any drugs in this group not only control the condition of benign prostatic hyperplasia, but also reduce the likelihood of surgery on this organ. Sometimes 5-alpha reductase inhibitors do not help the patient and the tumor continues to increase in size. In this case, the inevitable option is surgical removal of the tumor using the TUR method.
Herbal preparations for the treatment of BPH
Drugs for prostatitis in this group contain only natural herbal ingredients.
The effectiveness of herbal preparations has long been proven in practice. They successfully eliminate urethral obstruction, reduce the amount of urine residue in the bladder and improve the quality of urination. These drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma are recommended to be taken for a long enough time, until significant clinical improvement is achieved and the symptoms of the disease are eliminated. Such drugs for prostatitis have been shown to be the safest and virtually devoid of any side effects.
What methods of treating prostate diseases are there?
- Injections- with their help, the activity of the prostate gland is significantly increased.
- Anal suppositories- help to improve metabolic processes in this organ. After using these drugs, the patient should be at rest for 30-40 minutes. The treatment of adenoma using suppositories lasts from 5 to 10-12 days. Possible side effects on some components of the medicine in the form of rash or itching.
- Consolidations- this type of treatment involves inserting a drug solution directly into the prostate area. The procedure is performed by a urologist who injects the drug into the urethra through the opening of the urethra. In one session, you can inject 4-5 ml of solution; before performing this procedure, the patient must empty the bladder cavity.
- Enemas- In modern pharmacies it is very difficult to find such drugs for prostatitis that can be used for enemas. But the pharmaceutical industry produces many herbal medicines, which are worth noting. This procedure is performed mainly at bedtime, so as not to overcool and not to prolong the prostate after an enema. Motherwort, chamomile, sage or calendula are ideal for treatment in this case. With the help of an enema, the patient can get rid of pain and other symptoms of this disease at least for a short time.
Preparations for prostatitis in tablet form
Pills for prostate adenoma should be prescribed by the treating physician after a thorough examination of the patient, which allows to determine the stage of the disease and the most effective method of treatment. Such drugs are most often used to relieve the symptoms of this disease, and like all other drugs for prostatitis, are divided into different groups depending on their mechanism of action.Most often, men are prescribed the following drugs for the symptoms of this pathology:
- Antibacterial- prescribed in cases where the cause of adenoma or prostatitis is an organ infection. The choice of drugs in this group is made by the doctor treating the disease.
- Anti-inflammatory- it is recommended to take these medications for prostatitis during the acute course of the disease to eliminate pain when urinating.
- Antispasmodic- these drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma effectively eliminate spasm and have a good relaxing effect on the gland muscles, which in turn activates blood circulation in thisorgan.