Prostatitis is an acute or chronic disease of the prostate characterized by inflammation of the organ. Symptoms in the acute form are manifested by fever, chills, fever, cramps when urinating, pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and scrotum. The chronic form of the disease, as a rule, progresses without obvious symptoms. Treatment for acute prostatitis involves the use of medication. In rare cases, surgery is required. Chronic prostatitis can be effectively treated with both medication and folk remedies.
Treatment of acute prostatitis with drugs
Acute prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate caused by an infection. The disease is characterized by the appearance of swelling of the prostate and the formation of a purulent outbreak in its tissues.
The following groups of drugs are used for treatment:
- Antibiotics.Medicines are the main weapon in the fight against prostatitis. To choose the right medicine, you need to know which microorganism has caused prostatitis. It is necessary to make a bacterial culture of prostate juice. The duration of treatment is about a month or more. The main categories of antibiotics for the treatment of the prostate are: beta-lactams, fluoroquinolones, macrolides.
- Muscle relaxants.Used to relax the pelvic floor muscles and urinary tract. This helps reduce pain and normalize urination.
- Diuretics.The use of drugs in this class is to ensure the complete excretion of urine. With combination therapy, alpha-1-blockers are prescribed.
- Antispasmodics.Drugs in this class are used to relax vascular smooth muscle, which activates the blood microcirculation, relieves pain and improves the release of secretions from the prostate.
When choosing a drug, do not succumb to the influence of aggressive advertising that requires the treatment of prostatitis with expensive imported drugs. It is necessary to understand that cheap drugs are not worse than foreign analogues, as the effectiveness of treatment is affected by the active substance of the drug and not by the brand name and the bright colorful packaging.
Chronic disease control
Treatment of prostatitis with drugs consists of prescribing analgesics, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and steroid drugs.
Antibiotics should be included in the treatment of the disease.
Lifestyle changes play a special role in the fight against chronic prostatitis: rationalization of diet, abandonment of bad habits, increase of physical activity, avoidance of stressful situations.
Popular drugs for prostate treatment
Today for the treatment of prostatitis there is a huge number of drugs of different categories. However, patients and doctors have preferences for certain medications.
The list of the most popular drugs looks like this:
- A medicine, the main substance of which is the extract of the plant Serenoa. The substance prevents further proliferation of the prostate, reduces pressure in the bladder, facilitates the process of urination and has anti-inflammatory action. The effect of using the drug is manifested by improving urination and general condition of a man. The drug is taken once a day, the duration of administration is determined by the doctor.
- An animal medicine used to treat chronic prostatitis. The drug has a wide range of action: it exhibits an organotropic (selective) property in relation to the prostate, reduces swelling and infiltration of prostate leukocytes, normalizes secretory function and activates bladder tone. The drug activates the microcirculation in the prostate gland by inhibiting the process of thrombus formation, prevents the formation of venous thrombosis in the prostate. The candles light up quickly. They are used both for chronic disease and during the recovery period after prostate surgery. The drug is used one candle a day. The duration of admission is 10 days. Side effects of the drug may be manifested by itching in the anus
- A drug that affects the disease by reducing the swelling of the prostate, activating the blood supply to the pelvic area. The drug has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, increases the tone of the prostate and bladder, improves immunity. It is produced in the form of injections or anal suppositories. The suppositories should be injected into the anus twice a day. The duration of the course is 7-10 days.
- The drug, whose therapeutic effect is based on the inhibition of the action of the male sex hormone testosterone in the development of the prostate. There is a decrease in the production of dihydrotestosterone, which helps to reduce the size of the prostate. This facilitates urination. The tablets are used in an amount of one per day. The drug is a long-term drug. The duration of treatment should be at least six months.
- A drug that belongs to the category of "antibiotics" and is prescribed for the treatment of acute or chronic bacterial prostatitis. A medicament is produced in the form of a powder for solution for injection and in the form of tablets with bactericidal properties against staphylococci, streptococci and other gram-positive bacteria. In tablet form, the drug is consumed every five hours, 0. 5-1 grams. A drug produced in the form of capsules with modified release of the active substance. The drug is prescribed for dysuric disorders and benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis. Contraindications to the use of the drug are liver diseases. Take the medicine by mouth immediately after breakfast, drinking plenty of fluids. The dosage is one capsule once a day.
- A medicine that is of plant origin and is not a medicine. In fact, it is a fast-acting complex natural remedy consisting of extracts of ginseng, safflower leuzea, yellow zelenchuk, goji berries, Potentilla erectus, sage and Caucasian discorea. Thanks to the active ingredients, the drug increases sexual desire, erection and normalizes blood circulation in the affected area. This leads to the elimination of congestion in the prostate and the restoration of the lost functions of the urogenital system. The therapeutic effect is also manifested in the improvement of a man's emotional state, which is important for prostatitis. As a result, self-confidence increases and sleep is normalized. The big advantage is the absence of side effects.
Along with medicines and folk remedies, prostatitis treatment should be accompanied by prostate massage. The procedure is recommended to be performed in a medical institution by a specialized specialist.
The massage is performed as follows:
- The man takes the position of the knee-elbow and relaxes the pelvic floor muscles as much as possible.
- The doctor wears gloves and inserts his index finger into the anus.
- The specialist examines the anterior rectal wall. After finding the prostate, the doctor puts gentle pressure.
This process activates the release of glandular secretions in the urethra. After massaging the prostate, it is recommended to do tests to determine the dynamics of the disease.
An important positive effect of the prostate massage is the improvement of blood circulation in the prostate gland, which leads to an increase in its protective properties and activation of regenerative processes in the organ.
Fighting prostatitis at home
Treating prostatitis is a long process. In this regard, to treat the disease, it is effective to use not only drugs but also alternative therapies. At home, the most popular way to treat prostatitis is to use tinctures and decoctions of medicinal plants.
Effective treatments to fight prostatitis:
- Celandine Broth.Folk therapy can be used simultaneously with drug therapy and after its completion. The broth is prepared as follows: 150 grams of dry grass are poured with 1 liter of boiling water and left to cook for several hours. After filtering through a dairy, about 300 grams of honey are added to the composition and 20-30 grams are consumed on the eve of each food intake. The positive results will be noticeable after a few days of introduction.
- Pumpkin Seeds. The therapeutic effect of pumpkin seeds is due to the high content of zinc in them. To achieve a therapeutic effect, it is necessary to consume 50-70 grams of seeds daily. Another option for eating pumpkin seeds is pumpkins. To prepare them, you need to grind 0. 5 kg of raw seeds in a blender and add 300 grams of honey. After that, from the resulting mixture, you can wrap small balls and use them several pieces a day.
- Hazelnut injection.It is a good helper in the complex treatment of prostatitis due to the presence of a large number of trace elements and tannins. The infusion has a tonic effect, increases immunity. To prepare a medicinal broth, bark or hazelnut leaves are used. You can use two parts of the plant at the same time. The composition is prepared as follows: 30 grams of crushed dry bark or leaves are prepared in warm with 300 ml of boiling water and left to infuse for 10-12 hours. After that, the broth is filtered through a cheese dairy and drunk 50 milliliters on the eve of each meal.
- Aspen bark tincture.The healing properties of calcium bark are the same as those of hazelnut bark - due to the high content of trace elements and tannins in the plant. To prepare a tincture, 85 grams of dry crushed bark are placed in a glass jar with a capacity of 0. 5 liters and 250 ml of vodka or alcohol are added. The time required for the infusion of the therapeutic composition is 14-16 days. Drink 1-2 teaspoons of tincture on the eve of each meal.
- Parsley.The plant has the ability to relieve inflammation in the prostate and normalize the urogenital system. Vitamins, trace elements, organic acids and other compounds contained in the plant in large quantities are responsible for these properties of parsley. So, for example, 100 grams of parsley contains two daily doses of provitamin A and vitamin C is almost four times higher than in lemon. In addition, parsley contains inulin, a natural analogue of insulin. The substance is able to lower blood sugar levels. Parsley juice should be taken 20 milliliters on the eve of each meal. Therapeutic broth can be made from parsley seeds. To do this, grind 60 grams of seeds in a blender and pour them with a glass of boiling water. After two hours of infusion, the broth should be filtered through cheesecloth and consumed 20-30 ml before each meal.
- Kalanchoe tincture.There are two ways to use the healing properties of a plant to treat prostatitis: by preparing a Kalanchoe tincture and by preparing a decoction. The tincture is prepared by mixing 100 grams of crushed leaves and 200 milliliters of vodka or alcohol. After three weeks, the tincture is ready for use. It is only necessary to filter the composition through cheesecloth. Drink healing fluid 10-15 milliliters on the eve of each food intake. The duration of treatment is 2-3 months.
- Brothfrom chestnut peel. Chestnuts are used in folk medicine as a tonic, immunoregulatory agent. To fight prostatitis, it is especially important to have a normal functioning of the body's immune system. To prepare a healing tincture, use the crushed ripe chestnut peel in an amount of 40 grams per 0. 5 liters of water. The peel is poured with boiling water in hot and insist for 10-12 hours, after which the composition is filtered through cheesecloth and drunk on the eve of each meal, 20-30 ml.
At home for the treatment of prostatitis, medicinal herbs can be used to prepare baths. The substances contained in the needles effectively relieve inflammation, relax and soothe. To prepare a bath, you can use a ready-made pharmacy infusion or one made with your own hands.
To prepare the infusion yourself, you need to prepare 500 grams of pine needles with 2 liters of boiling water and let it cook for 2-3 hours. After that, the composition should be filtered through a cheesecloth and poured into a water bath. The water temperature should range between 36-38 degrees. The duration of swimming is 20-25 minutes.
Microclasts from prostatitis
To treat prostatitis, it makes sense to use microcycles with hot metal or hydrogen sulfide. The procedure is performed by taking 40 ml of medicinal water in a rubber bulb and inserting it into the rectum. It is recommended to keep the fluid in the intestine as long as possible.
Propolis oil microclips also have strong healing properties. The use of sea buckthorn, rosehip, vegetable oils is recommended. For one procedure, it is necessary to mix 30 milligrams of purified propolis with hot oil in an amount of 100 grams. Heat the composition in a water bath at a temperature of 80 degrees and allow to cool. After cooling, filter through a tyroscope and use according to instructions. The result after the procedure appears almost immediately - the pain is reduced, the urination process is restored. Propolis and oils are effective anti-inflammatory substances, increase the protective properties of the body, effectively destroy harmful microflora.
Treating prostatitis is a long and difficult process. The use of medicines and folk remedies alone is not enough to achieve a positive result. It is necessary to radically change the lifestyle: to quit smoking and alcohol, to balance the diet, to avoid stress, hypothermia and to normalize the sex life.