Representatives of the stronger sex in adulthood often suffer from urinary disorders. The reasons for the appearance of unpleasant symptoms are very different, so it can be dangerous to choose a medicine for prostatitis yourself.Inflammatory diseases require an integrated approach, as well as diagnostic studies to prescribe the right treatment.
Prostatitis and its manifestations
One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis, it occurs in almost every fifth representative of the stronger sex after 40 years. The disease brings a lot of suffering and does not allow man to live a full life. The disease occurs as a result of alcohol abuse, a sedentary lifestyle, malnutrition or overt sexual activity.
The main manifestations of the disease are:
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen.
- Stop the elimination system. Frequent urge to urinate, especially at night.
- Unpleasant sensations or pain during intercourse.
- Erectile dysfunction or temporary impotence.
- Foreign matter in the urine (blood or pus).
Prostate problems appear suddenly or develop in a short period of time (usually within a week). Fearing to go to a specialist, many men are looking for a suitable remedy for prostatitis without a medical recommendation. The pharmacy today offers a wide variety of medicines, and in most cases do not need a prescription to sell them (with the exception of antibiotics). When looking for the right medicine, you must remember that improper treatment or timely seeking help from a doctor can lead to a complication of the disease. As a result, prostate adenoma, cancer, infertility and impotence develop easily.
The main methods of treatment
Modern pharmacology offers a wide variety of drugs and medicines to fight prostatitis. Everything differs in composition, release form and patterns of use. The specialist prescribes drugs for the treatment of chronic prostatitis or in the acute phase, after the patient undergoes a diagnostic examination. You will need to have a blood test, a urine test, an ultrasound.
In the early stages of the disease, when the causative agent of the inflammatory process has not been identified, broad-spectrum drugs are prescribed. After receiving the test results, the treatment is adjusted and the antibiotics are changed to more specialized drugs.
What is the best medicine for prostatitis? A specialist will help you choose the drug, focusing on the type of disease.
Some examples of common treatments:
- Acute stage of infectious prostatitis (caused by E. coli, Klebsiella, enterococcus, pseudomonas). In this case, an antibiotic from the cephalosporin or tetracycline group is prescribed. Pain relievers as well as topical suppositories are used to relieve symptoms. The complex treatment lasts 2 weeks.
- Chronic form. Prescription drugs in the form of suppositories or capsules for prostatitis according to a specific regimen. Antibiotics only with worsening of the disease, in the stage of recession only herbal preparations. Latent prostatitis. Antibacterial therapy is prescribed for 14 days, as well as suppositories for local action in the inflammatory process. If the disease does not cause discomfort, no anticonvulsants and sedatives are required.
- Non-infectious prostatitis. Medicines to normalize the outflow of urine, as well as anticonvulsants to eliminate urethral spasms and edema. Pain syndrome is relieved by analgesics. The course of treatment is 14 days.
The effectiveness of treatment depends to a large extent not only on the drugs to be taken for prostatitis, but also on the correctly chosen treatment regimen and method of action. The complex is selected by a specialist, taking into account the need to affect the prostate and the inflammatory process in a specific way.
The main groups of drugs used by urologists in the treatment of prostatitis:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Homeopathy and herbal medicines.
The doctor prescribes different types of pills at the same time or adds candles with the desired properties to the injections. It is the integrated approach (the use of drugs of different actions) that allows you to achieve a good result and deal effectively with the disease. Some medications should be taken until the symptoms disappear, others completely. It is necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations of the doctor and not to violate the established treatment regimen.
Any inflammatory process suppressed in the body by antibiotics. Infection-induced prostatitis is no exception. The specialist, after receiving the results of the examination, visual examination, palpation of the prostate and interrogating the patient, prescribes a course of antibacterial agents.
An appropriate group is selected depending on the type of disease:
- Fluoroquinolones.Used to treat a disease that has progressed to a chronic form, as well as in severe stages. These drugs are effective with few side effects. They quickly relieve inflammation and inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Tetracyclines.Used to treat the acute phase of the disease. The main contraindications for use are leukopenia, as well as renal pathology, a possible manifestation of an allergic reaction.
- Penicillins.May cause side effects such as drowsiness, dermatitis, lethargy, tinnitus and headaches. Therefore, it is used with caution in people with chronic kidney and liver disease.
Modern medicines start to act quickly on the problem area and allow you to deal with the inflammatory process in a few days. The urologist will prescribe an antibiotic against prostatitis, taking into account the patient's state of health, the nature of the disease, and age. The expert takes into account the evaluation of well-proven drugs, as well as the latest developments in the market.
Anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of prostatitis can quickly relieve groin pain, reduce inflammation and significantly alleviate the condition. Immediately after taking it, after a few hours, the patient notices a decrease in pain, discomfort and normalization of urination. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce muscle tone in the groin area and thus improve well-being.
Many patients, noticing changes for the better, neglect to take medication other than to make the condition worse. It should be understood that such drugs are taken in combination with antibiotics and other agents.
Alpha blockers for pain relief
Medicines in this category are prescribed to relax muscles as well as improve the process of urine flow. Such drugs exist in almost any treatment regimen, regardless of the form of the disease (acute phase, chronic phase). We must remember that the drugs themselves no longer aim to cure, but to exclude and remove the main unpleasant manifestations that do not allow a person to live normally.
Immunoregulators that support the body
In the acute phase or the chronic form of prostatitis, one can not do without drugs that increase the body's defenses. Modulators have an effect on cellular and humoral immunity and contribute to the body's resistance to infections, increase overall tone and normalize many processes.
Drugs in this group of drugs are used in combination with other drugs and are effective in the first hours after administration.
Homeopathy and herbal medicinesHerbal remedies or homeopathy are as popular as any other type of medicine. They are safe for the body and at the same time they are equally effective.
Medicines are available in the form of suppositories or tablets. Sold freely, without a prescription. Before taking, it is important to read the instructions carefully and follow the recommended doses.
Medical prostatitis form
All over-the-counter medications differ in the form of release. Not every person knows what the peculiarity of choosing one or the other species is. It is more convenient to take tablets, but the injections work faster and allow the sufficient concentration of the active substance to reach the point of inflammation faster.
The following forms of medication are usually prescribed by specialists:
- Injections.One of the best forms of treatment, although it is accompanied by quite unpleasant sensations during the injection. Any treatment for prostatitis almost always starts with the appointment of injections.
- Rectal candles. Due to the local action, this form of the drug can quickly relieve pain, relieve inflammation and activate blood flow. Prostatitis suppositories may be with antibiotics and also contain a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or anesthetic.
- Pills.The most convenient form to use, as it is quickly accepted. But through the stomach, drugs enter the bloodstream worse and the result may not be the same as other forms of drugs.
The method of treatment and the form of release of the drug by the doctor is chosen based on the general condition of the patient, as well as the need for a specific result. If the treatment was chosen incorrectly or the patient does not follow the prescribed admission program, the treatment regimen, then the prostatitis flows in a chronic form. This form of the disease is more difficult to treat and can lead to serious consequences. Therefore, in case of problems with the prostate, you should not self-medicate, but immediately contact the competent specialists who will take into account all the features of the body and prescribe the right treatment.