The diagnosis of prostatitis ranks first in modern medicine among urological diseases of the male population. This is due to infections and the patient's lifestyle. The treatment of the disease, especially the chronic disease, is difficult.
Doctors and patients are looking for the best means to achieve remission of the disease and relieve a person of symptoms that can significantly worsen his quality of life.
The idea that there is an ideal treatment for prostatitis that will help treat the problem is wrong. The treatment of prostatitis is a set of measures and procedures, as well as a list of drugs prescribed by a doctor, whose action is aimed at combating prostate inflammation and its consequences.
What is treated at home and in the hospital
Prostatitis is treated by prescribing a combination therapy, each drug in which it has its own function. The list consists of antimicrobials, analgesics and sedatives.
In some cases, your doctor will prescribe medications for prostatitis in the form of alpha blockers and muscle relaxants. Immunostimulants in the form of anal suppositories help the body mobilize to fight the infection that caused the inflammation. There are many medications that can be used to treat prostatitis.
It is easy to confuse the variety yourself, it is better to entrust their selection to a specialist. It will help you find a quick and effective cure for prostatitis.
Peculiarities of treatment depending on the stage and form of the disease
Prostatitis is a disease that develops gradually. Initially, a man's organ swells, and over time, it can even change shape and increase in size significantly. Inflammation of the prostate can be caused by a bacterial infection or it can have non-bacterial causes.
The disease can be acute or chronic. With an inactive lifestyle, metabolic processes in the pelvic organs slow down, there is a blockage of the prostate tissue with dead cells, which cause an inflammatory process in it.
Acute inflammation of the prostate gland is very painful and dangerous that causes complications, so it is often treated in hospital in medical institutions. Analgesics and anticonvulsants are used to relieve pain.
Herbal tea suppositories and microclusters help treat inflammation. The patient is prescribed physiotherapy procedures that promote blood flow and reduce the size of the tumor. What kind of medicine for prostatitis should the patient take, the treating doctor will prescribe after studying the medical history.
Forms of medicines used for prostatitis, which are prescribed by a doctor:
- Tablet drugs are usually broad-spectrum antibiotics, which are tetracycline antibacterial agents. Often in the prescription for prostatitis you can find drugs of the fluoroquinolone group.
- Injections, which are given intramuscularly, are designed to stimulate prostate activity, strengthen the patient's blood vessels, and boost general immunity.
- Suppositories are prescribed by a doctor to improve metabolism in the patient's body, relieve inflammation and increase immunity. They are inserted into the anus as deeply as possible. After using them, doctors recommend lying down for half an hour.
- The installation is the injection of a drug directly into the desired area, this procedure is performed by a doctor through the external opening of the urethra. Before performing it, you must empty the bladder. Herbal tea enemas, which are injected into the rectum hot, are widely used in medicine for prostate adenoma. This enhances their effect. For the procedure, it is enough to take half a glass of the prepared broth.
Prostatic drug of various pharmacological groups for men
Prostatitis in the modern world affects not only the elderly but also men of reproductive age. If you notice symptoms of the disease, you should consult a doctor immediately.An effective prostate medicine can only be prescribed by an experienced doctor, after studying the clinical picture and referring the patient to the necessary examinations. bxThe sooner adequate treatment is prescribed, the more likely it is to avoid complications of the disease, which manifest themselves in the form of inflammatory processes in the urogenital organs.
Untreated prostatitis can lead to kidney infections, impotence, infertility and prostate cancer.
The pharmacological groups of prostate drugs used to treat patients are as follows:
- Antibiotics are prescribed to treat prostatitis with a bacterial infection. They are effective in acute and chronic forms of the disease. Antimicrobial drugs are used after passing tests on the individual susceptibility of pathogens. If no specific infections are found, treatment is prescribed based on sowing prostatic secretion. The duration of treatment is usually several months. If there is no improvement in the first 2 weeks of treatment, a prostate replacement medicine should be considered.
- Analgesics for prostatitis can be used in various forms. They can be taken as tablets, rectal suppositories and injections. They help relieve pain that can be very embarrassing for the patient. You do not have to prescribe an analgesic yourself, as you need to calculate the exact dose. This type of medication has many side effects that should be considered during treatment. Anticonvulsants are used to treat prostatitis to relieve the spasm of an enlarged and inflamed prostate that compresses the urethra. This allows you to get rid of the pain and, in addition, the effect of taking these resources lasts longer than with anesthesia with analgesics. Alpha-blockers are prescribed by a doctor for prostatitis, if necessary to improve dynamics, restore urine flow and reduce the consequences of prostate hyperplasia. Drugs in this group are selective and non-selective. The use of selective alpha blockers is preferred. They can only be taken as directed by a doctor, as it is very important to determine the correct dosage of the prostatic medicine.
- Muscle relaxants are used to relieve pain by relaxing the muscles in the urethra. Medications help to normalize the urination process.
Herbal preparations for the treatment of prostatitis are a good prevention of complications, the most terrible of which is prostate cancer. Basically, these are herbal infusions and decoctions that you can prepare yourself by buying the necessary ingredients at the pharmacy. There are also ready-made herbal preparations in the form of capsules or solution.
Immunoregulators in modern medical practiceIn case of prostatitis, immunomodulators in the form of rectal suppositories are used successfully in the complex treatment of the disease. They affect the protective capacity of cells and help eliminate imbalances in the immune system.
Medications are prescribed in case the infectious nature of the disease is confirmed and the course of antibiotic treatment did not work in the treatment of the inflammatory process. Immunomodulators are prescribed so that the body can deal with the disease itself, using mechanisms that are inherent in nature.
How to choose a good prostatitis medicine
Research has shown that there are good medications for prostatitis that can help you postpone or cancel surgery.
This is especially true if the disease is detected late and there are severe difficulty urinating.
In case of severe disorders, if the volume of residual urine exceeds 100 ml or there are kidney stones, the doctor decides on the need for surgery. You can choose a good treatment for prostatitis by clearly understanding how this or that medicine works in the patient's body, having studied his / her medical history.
Every patient wants to choose a good remedy for prostatitis from a wide range in the pharmacological network. The difficulty lies in the fact that many drugs are used simultaneously for treatment, the action of which will help in the treatment of the patient.
In special forums, doctors and patients share their experience in treating the disease, thus helping men find a good cure for prostatitis. The treatment for this disease can be long-term, so you should be responsible for taking medication and following your doctor's prescription.