The need of antibiotic therapy for acute bacterial prostatitis with severe symptoms is not in doubt.
But, it is advisable to take antibiotics for chronic nonspecific inflammation of the prostate? And there is a difference between the groups of antibacterial drugs in the treatment of prostatitis?
In this article, we will talk about how to treat prostatitis in men with antibiotics and what are the contraindications to receive. And below you will find a list of antibiotics for prostatitis.
Antibiotics for prostatitis in men: it is always necessary to take from them?
The aim of the treatment of prostatitis – the return of the normal function of the prostate and the urethra with the obligatory elimination of the pathogen. For the elimination of the pathogen and provides treatment with antibiotics for prostatitis in men.
Antibiotics are absolutely indicated for the acute bacterial and chronic infectious prostatitis, and also as a test for the treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland.
As a long-term treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics has a negative impact on the immune system, digestive system, liver and kidneys, the treatment should not be longer than 2 weeks.
Advantages of the treatment with antibiotics of prostatitis in men is obvious:
- they inhibit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms in the prostate, the urethra;
- to prevent the development of complications on the background of the disease(infertility, urethritis, epididymitis);
- in chronic prostatitis prevents the development of relapse, after the second period often fraught with complications.
However, if you decide to start with the treatment of prostatitis antibiotics in the home, remember that antibacterial drugs may be prescribed after laboratory diagnosis of the disease, studies of the flora and identification of the pathogen.
With non-specific prostatitis (an inflammatory process of unknown etiology) the antibiotic therapy is not only ineffective, but also increases the risk of development of dysbacteriosis, and can exacerbate the disease, provoking the development of fungal lesions of the prostate.
Also important is the choice of antibiotics for the treatment of prostatitis in men the most active in terms of established pathogen.
Important: the Choice of effective antibiotics for prostatitis "blind", without first identifying the pathogen can only harm the body.
Many antibiotics penetrate poorly into the prostate, their concentration is sufficient for exposure to bacteria, as a result, she develop resistance to this drug.
In the acute forms of prostatitis, accompanied by a variety of symptoms: intoxication, fever, perineal pain, inability and pain on urination, you need the treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics and intravenous administration to achieve high concentrations of the drug.
In recent years, drastically increase the resistance of bacteria to certain drugs, so before you start treatment with antibiotics for prostatitis in men, the patient should be examined for the whole group of Infections, and the pathogenic flora with the determination of the resistance of certain microorganisms to certain drugs.
What antibiotics to treat prostatitis? There are the following groups of antibacterial drugs (best antibiotics for prostatitis):
- Penicillins. In the past actively used as antibiotics for the inflammation of the prostate, with the advent of the most active antimicrobial drugs has almost lost its clinical significance, as a result of the increased amount of negative bacteria resistant to the penicillins.
- Tetracyclines. Have activity against Neisseria gonorrhoeae, chlamydia, Mycoplasma. Often used in the treatment of chronic infectious prostatitis, caused by the above pathogens.
- Macrolides. Have these antibiotics for prostatitis for a wide range of activity and low toxicity.
- Cephalosporins. Widely used in the treatment of acute forms of bacterial prostatitis. It is a good antibiotic for prostatitis, they have a wide range of action and high activity against pathogenic bacteria.
- Fluoroquinolones. Often used for complex treatment of chronic inflammation of the prostate, and acute uncomplicated inflammation of the prostate (efficiency up to 100%). Possess a great deal of activity and low toxicity (do not violate the intestinal microflora).
Antibiotics of prostatitis in men — the names, the scheme of treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics, and a range of activities:
Intramuscular injection is strictly medical officer in the outpatient clinic once a day.
To put the injections yourself at home is prohibited.
Recommendations for antibiotic therapy
With the antibiotic treatment of prostatitis in men it is necessary to consider their effect on the spermatogenesis, so it is prohibited to plan conception for 4 months after treatment.
Recommendations for the reception and treatment of prostatitis in men medication with antibiotics:
- The purpose of the drug is strictly on a doctor and only after the results of laboratory diagnosis.
- Possible with chronic prostatitis it is more expedient to take the fluoroquinolones, which have broad spectrum, high activity and low toxicity. They do not change the intestinal microflora, and immunomodulatory action.
- The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor and strictly implemented.
- While taking medicines need to refrain from fatty, too salty, sweet, spicy and food, to ease the pressure on the liver. If necessary, may be appointed to take antihistamines.
- After antibiotic therapy are recommended to take pills to normalize the intestinal microflora from 3 to 4 weeks.
In the treatment of chronic and acute inflammation of the prostate antibiotics are only part of the complex therapy, which involves: taking anti-inflammatory and analgesic medications, physiotherapy, prostate massage, herbal medicine. Effectively Spa treatment of patients with chronic prostatitis.
What is the most effective antibiotic for prostatitis? They all have different effects on the body and individual sensitivity, so better to choose the impossible.
Complex of antibiotics for prostatitis is assigned only to the attending physician in the diagnosis and identified by the diagnostic agent of the disease.
As it can aggravate the disease.
The appointment of antibacterial drugs is limited to individuals having a hypersensitivity to the active substance.
This goes for men who have kidney and liver failure, severe.
Such patients need to treat prostatitis without antibiotics. In diseases of the digestive tract and antibiotic therapy is conducted under the supervision of a doctor.
If bacterial prostatitis in the acute stage, treatment with antibiotics is necessary and there is no alternative therapeutic methods. As for natural antibiotics for prostatitis, herbal medicine can be indicated for chronic prostatitis as a secondary treatment.
Now you know what are antibiotics for prostatitis take. Remember, if the causative agent of prostatitis is bacteria, the only effective way of treatment is antibiotic therapy.
However, to achieve complete Wellness effect, it is necessary comprehensive treatment, including anti-inflammatory medications, prostate massage, physiotherapy, reflexology.
Antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis are related to medical treatment, and they were appointed in certain cases.
It is often correctly selected antibiotic therapy in the early stages of the development of prostatitis allows you to avoid the most undesirable consequences in the future.
In some cases, for the treatment of prostatitis antibiotics are essential
Prostatitis in men is in development, mainly under the influence of two main reasons. This penetration into the tissue of the body a variety of bacteria and poor circulation in the pelvis.
Antibiotics for prostatitis is especially effective if you do not prove the bacterial nature of the disease.
Without antibacterial therapy, it is impossible to deal with the inflammatory response that causes the symptoms of acute prostatitis.
The subject of antibiotics in each case is selected individually. The doctor is the General scheme of treatment.
In acute bacterial prostatitis rejection of the use of antibiotics leads to many unwanted consequences and the most important of them is prostate cancer and gradually developing impotence.
Also, if you do not destroy the bacterial flora, which can adversely affect other organs, primarily of the bladder and kidneys. It is untreated prostatitis can also be a cause of cystitis, pyelonephritis, and eventually kidney stones.
Antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis is necessary and in the chronic inflammatory processes.
Sick man did not immediately go to the doctor. Many patients try to be treated folk remedies and the acute phase of the disease independently attenuated, but it does not lead to a complete elimination of the infection.
So, to cope with bacteria, antibacterial therapy should be obtained and in chronic prostatitis.
Often, repeated treatment with antibiotics is prescribed to prevent worsening of the disease.
That takes research before prescribing antibiotics
Modern antibiotics for the most part there are a wide range of action, which means that it can destroy several species and in the human body bacteria.
But, in order to successfully cure prostatitis need to know what agents have an impact on the inflammation of the prostate tissue and whether they are sensitive to a particular group of drugs.
Acute prostatitis may be caused by the pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases, i.e., chlamydia and gonorrhea, as well as a variety of streptococci and even Escherichia coli.
Each species of these bacteria in a certain way, reacts on the components of the antibiotics and the doctor's task is to find the optimal medication that will help to quickly destroy the pathogen and will not have a negative effect on the cells of the prostate.
Therefore, prior to antibiotic treatment regimens the patient may need to take more tests.
- To determine the causative agent of the disease requires the secret of the prostate and urine;
- The degree of inflammation is determined by blood tests;
- Sensitivity to antibiotics indicates a bacteriological culture.
On the basis of the tests a doctor selects the most effective remedy. Depending on the stage of the inflammatory processes and the well-being of the patient the antibiotic can be, as in the form of tablets and injections.
The doctor assesses the ability of the components of the drug to penetrate the prostate tissue.
First select the drug which quickly enters the body and is retained therein in the desired concentration. This treatment provides rapid elimination of inflammation and discomfort.
Injectable medications are usually stronger.
Antibiotics for prostatitis in that case, if the patient addressed to the urologist in the acute phase of inflammation, are granted almost immediately. It is, the doctor will not wait for data and analysis.
Therefore, in the first days of the selected remedy with a wide range of activity, scheme of selection is very similar in the selection of antibiotics against cystitis.
Priority is given to: