Prostatitis is a male disease that not only causes discomfort in daily, intimate life, but also brings painful sensations that can manifest in varying degrees of severity. In most clinical cases, treatment is performed by conservative methods, much less often, when it turns into a tumor, surgery may be prescribed. One of the key conditions for the success of the treatment is a comprehensive approach to the patient's recovery. Treatment should be based not only on medication, but also on monitoring proper nutrition, including daily exercise - this is the last one to be discussed in this article.
Characteristics of the prostate gland
The prostate gland is the main organ of the male body that is responsible for reproductive functions. The prostate is located in the urogenital system, the main task of this organ is to ensure the normal process of secretion of a transparent color, this substance is released when a man is in an excited state.
Why does the prostate activate secretion? This substance ensures the maintenance of the normal functioning of the organs of the reproductive system, acts as a protective barrier, is a natural, natural lubricant, provides nutrients to the sperm and significantly increases their level of motility.
In addition, the prostate gland controls the work of the urinary system. The prostate contains smooth muscles that control the filling and emptying of the bladder.
Experts say that the anatomy of the male body provides the mandatory function of the prostate. Otherwise, serious violations may occur, dangerous pathologies will occur. It is important to ensure the proper functioning of the prostate, special sports exercises will be an excellent help not only during the recovery period, but also as a preventive measure.
With prostatitis, an inflammatory process is diagnosed, as a result of which, through the urethral canal, pathogenic microorganisms, infectious agents of various natures, representatives of the bacterial flora can enter the internal environment of the body.
How properly, with inflammation of the prostate, does a man feel the following symptoms:
- Pain, of various kinds.
- Discomfort when urinating, pain, cuts, burning sensation may occur.
- Uncharacteristic urinary excretion (mucus impurities, blood streaks).
- Urine changes color, becomes cloudy.
- There is discomfort during sexual intercourse, pain, unpleasant sensations of "rigidity".
- Erectile problems are diagnosed, in advanced cases it is completely absent.
- Disorders of the ejaculatory process.
- Hormonal imbalance.
The symptoms reported can greatly disrupt the normal way of life. Men feel uncomfortable during intercourse, their "male" functions are significantly reduced. Hormone imbalance is felt in the form of external manifestations:
- In a man, the mammary glands can be significantly enlarged.
- The abdomen becomes more rounded.
- Some people notice a lack of sexual desire.
If you do not notice the symptoms in time, then the disease can progress to an advanced stage, which leads to the formation of a benign or malignant tumor. Today, there are many methods for the early diagnosis of prostatitis, which makes it possible to get rid of the causes of the pathology even before the onset of the main symptoms of the disease.
Proper treatment can prevent recurrences and fully restore prostate gland function.
Benefits of exercise for prostatitis
In the case of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, high-quality, effective treatment should include a whole range of therapeutic measures aimed at achieving a rapid and lasting result. As a rule, doctors do not only do with drugs, but also prescribe physiotherapy procedures, therapeutic massages, dietary correction and also advise you to do regular exercises, which are beneficial for the prostate.
Exercise for the prostate gland always occurs during the recovery period. Exercise is also useful as a precaution, as it helps prevent the development of pathologies of the urogenital system, keeps the prostate in good condition and maintains its natural functions.
What are the benefits of exercise for prostatitis? The following advantages can be highlighted:
- With regular exercise, the muscle tone of the lower extremities, abdomen and gluteal area is significantly enhanced.
- There is stimulation of the muscle tissue in the perineal area.
- Blood flow to the small pelvis is normalized.
- It has a beneficial effect on the joints of the hip area.
- The function of the nervous system is supported.
Doctors advise us to exercise as often as possible, not to miss training days. Effectiveness depends entirely on how often the patient is involved, how much effort is put into the process.
However, you should not burden yourself with excessive activities. The exercises performed should not cause painful sensations and discomfort to the patient, only light intensity is possible, which shows the effectiveness of the training.
To start a series of exercises to improve the condition of the prostate, it is necessary to clearly understand the physiology of the body, to know exactly where this organ is located. There are two main ways to understand where the prostate is:
- The prostate gland is felt in the gap between the anus and the scrotum. The patient should place the finger two inches from the anus and make a pressure movement; during such manipulations, a round base, which is the prostate, should be felt. To facilitate the finding of the gland, doctors advise the use of this method during sexual intercourse, as it currently contains a lot of secretory fluid and is intense.
- The second method is called "rectal". A finger is inserted about 6 cm into the anus and the walls of the rectum are detected until a round swelling is found, which is the prostate gland.
The course of the exercises should be prescribed by the treating physician, who determines the patient's condition. Classes are not performed in acute periods when a man suffers from severe pain or severe discomfort in the perineum and anus.
Courses for chronic prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is especially difficult for both doctors and patients. The disease is at an advanced stage, passed in time. Sometimes it proceeds mostly without severe symptoms, during the period of exacerbation, there may be pain, discomfort during sexual intercourse, urinary incontinence and uncharacteristic secretion.
A special set of physical exercises will help to alleviate the patient's condition, to restore the functionality of the prostate gland.
Exercise number 1
The patient should take a position "lying down" on his back, arms should extend throughout the body. The patient should rest slightly on the legs and begin to bend the knees, it is important to do this very carefully, slowly and smoothly. The legs should be pulled towards you and at the same time the knees should be spread to the side. Return to the starting position. The exercise is repeated 12 to 16 times.
Exercise number 2
A man should lie on his back on a hard surface, with his arms spread straight over his body. Bend your legs in the knee area, bring your legs together. Next, you need to stretch your knees to the maximum, perform the movement smoothly and slowly. Return the lower limbs to their original position while trying to strain them to the maximum. As a final action, you should press your knees firmly together, wait 10 seconds. The exercise is repeated 14-20 times.
Exercise number 3
The patient should lie on his stomach and stretch his arms across the body. The right leg bends at the knee, goes up in slow motion and also falls slowly down. You should not lift your leg as high as possible, you should monitor the quality of the execution. Repeat the exercise 10 times on each leg.
Exercise number 4
The patient should stand up and spread his legs shoulder-width apart. Squats are performed slowly (not completely) while the arms are stretched forward. When the patient returns to the starting position, the legs do not extend. The most important thing is to do squats with a small width. It should be repeated 6-8 times.
Exercise for congestive prostatitis
With congestive prostatitis, your doctor will prescribe a specialized set of exercises.
Exercise number 1
This exercise is called "glute walking" and should be done on the floor while sitting. The hips are raised in turn, the movement is performed in such a way that the performer moves forward. Particular attention should be paid to the technique of execution - it must be capable and smooth, you do not need to rush.
Exercise number 2
You will need a ball to complete this exercise. The course can be held in two positions (lying down, standing up). The bottom line is that the ball is pressed between the thighs and held for as long as possible. This exercise has a beneficial effect on the condition of the prostate gland, significantly improving blood circulation to this organ.
Exercise number 3
The essence of the exercise lies in the fact that you need to tighten the lower limbs by weight. The patient should sit on the floor, leaning slightly slightly backwards. The legs are stretched straight, the arms should be on the floor with strong support. You should raise your legs 20 cm upwards, pull your legs to your chest, bending them at the knees. The exercise is recommended to be repeated 20-25 times.
Exercise number 4
You should lie on your back, stretching your legs forward. The man should begin to stretch smoothly and bring the ends of the legs. It is important to start with smooth movements and move at an accelerated pace. The exercise should be done for one minute.
Exercise number 5
This exercise is called jumping. When doing this, it is necessary to pull the patella to the maximum. During the jump, the knees should be on the chest injury. Approximately 15 jumps are performed in one approach, 3 approaches are recommended.
Unfortunately, only a small percentage of patients pay adequate attention to the prevention of prostatitis. High quality recovery after an acute period plays an important role.
Doctors recommend that you include a course of physiotherapy in treatment, try to get rid of bad habits, prefer the right diet and engage in effective exercise.
The most effective exercises to prevent prostatitis are:
- Exercise is useful not only for the prostate gland, but also for the normalization of rectal function. The patient should stand on his knees, take his legs back and spread his heels. It is necessary to try to keep the knees in a reduced position for as long as possible, to move to a sitting position on the legs, to put your palms in the knee area. In this position, the man should press the anal sphincter muscles for 10 seconds and then relax them. Perform 20-30 repetitions.
- The condition for the next session is an empty stomach. A man should take an "upright" position, bend forward 45 degrees, put his palms with emphasis on his knees. With a deep breath, pull on the abdominal muscles. It is recommended to hold in this position until a slight discomfort appears. Finally, exhale slowly and relax the muscles.
- The patient approaches the wall, the right leg is bent at the knee, the foot should rest on the wall. Next, you need to start the slow bend of the left foot, at this time the squat is performed. This exercise is an effective stretching of the inner thigh muscles, which has a beneficial effect on the activity of the prostate gland. It is recommended to repeat it 10 times.
- The patient is lying on the floor, trying to lift the knees up, while the lower limbs are parallel to the floor. The man then performs the well-known exercise "bicycle", with the legs facing up. It is recommended to repeat the exercise 15 times.
In order for exercise classes to have the maximum benefit, you must follow your doctor's recommendations. It is important to pay due attention to the execution technique, as well as to observe all the conditions. During the course appointment, the patient should not show severe pain syndrome, the state of health should be satisfactory.
Useful tips from competent professionals:
- If you started doing an exercise, then you have to complete it to the end. It is not recommended to interrupt the lesson abruptly, to move on to others. The imposed load must necessarily be uniform in order to have a beneficial effect on the blood circulation process.
- How to understand that the exercise is performed correctly and achieve the desired result? Doctors say that with the right performance at the end of the course, there is a feeling of warmth in the pelvic area.
- When performing absolutely any exercise for prostatitis, an additional advantage will be the frequent tightening / loosening of the anal muscles - such an addition will help to quickly eliminate the congestion, to improve the condition of the prostate gland.
- Before starting exercise therapy for the prostate, it is recommended that you take time to warm up, which will help warm up your body and muscles before an effective workout.
It is worth noting that not all therapeutic exercises for prostate diseases are presented. Doctors say the prostate is a vital but extremely vulnerable organ.
That is why there are contraindications to exercise:
- The period after the operation (up to 6 months).
- Acute period of existing pathologies of the internal organs.
- The presence of fever and chills, low fever (up to 38, 5 degrees).
- Delayed stroke, heart attack?
- The presence of viral, infectious diseases.
- Diagnosis of aortic aneurysm?
- The presence of inguinal hernia.
- Abdominal hernia?
- Intervertebral hernia?
- High blood pressure?
- Worsening of prostatitis.
Doctors urge patients not to ignore the existing contraindications. Otherwise, side effects may develop, sometimes threatening the patient's life. All exercises should be performed carefully, paying attention to the condition of your body.
- The first review: "Prostatitis gave me a lot of problems, which grew into clusters. After the medication, I was prescribed a course of physiotherapy and physiotherapy exercises. In the beginning, I did all the courses under the supervision of a doctor who corrected my technique. Now I do. "I have been practicing at home for two months and I feel positive results. It has become much easier for me, the pain has disappeared, the congestion has been eliminated. "
- Second review: "Despite my young age, I was diagnosed with prostatitis. Fortunately, timely access to a doctor and modern diagnostic methods have prevented the development of chronic prostatitis, the exercises I did daily helped me a lot. selected course of studies will allow not only to alleviate the condition, but also to restore the normal function of the prostate gland.
- Third critique: "Prostatitis has completely disturbed the hormonal balance and intimate life. The doctor advised me to start exercising according to the regimen, which he described to me in detail. Three months later I had the same erection, I got rid of the congestion, the"The pain is gone. I'm still doing exercises as prevention. "