One of the most common diseases in men is inflammation of the prostate. Today, drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis can be found in absolutely any pharmacy, but buying them yourself (without medical advice) is not worth it. Medications vary in outcome; standard regimens are used for adenoma and prostatitis. You will find out which medicines are often prescribed by doctors and how they work in this article.
The main groups of drugs and their mechanism of action
The first thing to say about prostate adenoma is that it can not start. If you feel pain when urinating, then you probably go to the urology department to do an examination and diagnose the disease, because the reason for this can be any other inflammation, the appearance of kidney stones. In advanced cases, prostatitis develops into a cancerous tumor and this is not treated with simple drugs. There is no need to postpone the visit to the doctor.
As far as medicines are concerned, they are all divided into main groups:
- With androgens - this active ingredient is included in many medicines for prostatitis and helps to improve the tone of the ejaculate, which significantly improves urination.
- With progesterones - doctors call them antiandrogens. The use of drugs of this group helps to reduce the adenoma, to relieve the patient's pain. It is recommended to combine them with special procedures: prostate massage, electrophoresis, phonophoresis.
- Herbal anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis. Although not considered the most effective, they have strong antiseptic properties. Among the herbs of the composition, it is worth noting especially the sage, the coltsfoot, the chamomile, the dill, the parsley, the nettle.
List of the best medicines for prostatitis and prostate adenoma
From the suggested drug options, you can choose the most suitable one, however, only your doctor will tell you how to cure prostate adenoma without surgery quickly and effectively. It is important to remember that the course of treatment should consist of both medication and other procedures that contribute to the patient's rapid recovery. An impressive example is massage, physiotherapy.
Suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma can be called the most effective. They have a wide natural effect, they have the most positive effect on the affected area. Arriving at the pharmacy, it is easy to get confused, because the variety of rectal suppositories is so large that it will be difficult to choose a drug. However, doctors have helped identify among the most effective and often prescribed medications:
- Ichthyol suppositories for prostatitis. They improve blood circulation, have an antiseptic, anesthetic effect. They are often prescribed in combination with pills or physical therapy. Candles do not have a very pleasant aroma, but it does not affect the effect on your skin in any way. This drug has no contraindications.
- Candles with propolis. They relieve pain when urinating, have anti-inflammatory action. A huge advantage is the price of such candles - they are economical. In addition, the drug does not cause side effects, so it can be used as a prophylactic agent.
Like candles, tablets are divided into groups according to their actions. Only a urologist should prescribe medication after a test, which will determine how to treat prostate adenoma. Purchasing and taking over-the-counter medications is unlikely to have a positive effect on a speedy recovery. Which drugs for prostatitis are most often prescribed by doctors:
- Anti-inflammatory - prescribed for the acute form of adenoma, for pain when urinating. These drugs help in the rapid treatment of prostatitis, prevent the transition of the disease to a chronic stage.
- Anticonvulsants - this group of tablets relieves spasms and relaxes muscles, which significantly improves blood circulation.
- Antibiotics - if prostate adenoma is caused by infectious gland damage and bacteria are found to be the causative agent of the disease, tablets of this group are prescribed. Only the doctor conducting the examination will be able to determine which antibiotic for prostatitis is right for you. Antibiotics are taken in a course along with rectal medications.
Modern medicine also offers injectable drugs to treat prostate adenoma, which aim to boost the patient's immunity. All funds are effective drugs that improve regenerative processes. Injections are indicated as a conservative treatment or prophylaxis; they protect the prostate gland from viruses. The dosage can only be prescribed by a doctor, as there are side effects.
The instillation method is one of the options for getting rid of the disease, which is based on the introduction of a drug to treat prostate adenoma and prostatitis in the affected area. This method of treatment is prescribed for the complete removal of bacteria that contribute to the development of prostate inflammation from the urinary system. Cycloferon lubricants, antiseptics, ozonated solutions are used as medicine.
The instillation procedure should be performed strictly in the treatment room with a doctor. Only he will be able to choose the right solution, insert the catheter into the urethra with high quality and do all the necessary manipulations to keep the solution inside. Depending on the stage of the disease, the course of instillation can last from 1 to 3 months, 2-4 times a week.
Effective phytotherapeutic agents
Herbs are also often used in the complex treatment of prostatitis. Due to the complex and balanced composition of the funds, the difficulties associated with urination are eliminated, the pain syndrome is relieved. The components of the complex in the form of standard treatment effectively influence the main symptoms of chronic prostatitis, help to improve urination: reduce the frequency of urination and increase urine flow, improve well-being and have a general strengthening effect in patients with chronic prostatitis.
When looking for active remedies for prostate adenoma and prostatitis, you will often come across advertisements for herbal remedies that are supposed to relieve you of this condition. It should be noted that these are not medicines, but dietary supplements that should be taken for preventive purposes. The composition contains plant extracts that have a positive effect on the condition and function of the prostate gland, but in the case of the acute stage of the disease, phytotherapeutic agents are not able to cure.
If you often have to deal with prostate adenoma, then your doctor will be able to prescribe preventative measures that can reduce the risk of new inflammation. Many men have already experienced their effect on themselves, leaving only positive reviews. Medications are excellent at fighting inflammation by preventing it and allowing the prostate gland to function properly.