The prostate gland is the most vulnerable organ in the male body. Prostate disease meet every third men at the age of 20 years. Of hyperplasia of prostate and adenoma, which leads to problems with erection are often the result of chronic prostatitis. It is the reason why you should know the characteristic signs of chronic prostatitis and how to treat it.
Chronic prostatitis — what is it?
Chronic prostatitis is long in the prostate inflammatory processes. The term combines several forms of the disease are manifested by similar clinical symptoms.
Categories of chronic prostatitis:
- Infectious — caused by bacteria, fungi or virus;
- Non-communicable (stagnant) — otherwise known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome occurs with signs of inflammation, with or without them;
- Asymptomatic — in the absence of clinical manifestations of inflammation detected only by careful examination of the prostate.
In 95% of cases are diagnosed not infectious and chronic prostatitis. In this plan for the development of the inflammation out of the stagnant phenomena in the prostate — its the secret, or the circulation of the blood in the veins.
Risk of disease increased with chronic prostatitis in humans:
- leading irregular sexual life, regularly practicing interrupted intercourse to prevent pregnancy of your partner;
- office workers and drivers (sedentary work is causing the stagnation of blood in the pelvis);
- want to wear tight underwear;
- alcohol abuse and Smoking.
Chronic prostatitis: signs
Chronic prostatitis develops gradually, and for many years a cause for concern. Periodically a man can celebrate:
- Discomfort in the area of the perineum;
- Minimum pain intensity with the typical radiates of the sacrum, the rectum, the genitals;
- Some frequent urination with the onset of pain and a slight abnormal discharge from the urethral channel, a weak urine stream;
- Pain on glans penis after ejaculation (disappears for 30 min.);
- Burning in the urethra, the occurrence of pain during sex.
Stress, hypothermia, previous infection, which leads to weakening of the immune system, and eating spicy food/alcohol can cause exacerbation of chronic prostatitis. The intensity of the disease increases and resembles the acute inflammation.
With the development of the disease and the involvement in the pathological process of the nerves the increase of the erectile dysfunction, which has a significant influence on the psychological condition of the patient.
However, chronic prostatitis can lead not only to a violation of potency — weak erection, lower sensation during the orgasm, or the complete absence of premature ejaculation.
Often the disease leads to the development of cystitis, pyelonephritis, and inflammation of the testicles, aggravating the course of the underlying pathology. In addition, significantly increases the risk of stone in the formation of the prostate, adenoma, or the appearance of a malignant tumor. In the long-term chronic prostatitis develops infertility.
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis according to forms and stages
Chronic prostatitis symptoms depend on the form of the disease and the stage of the disease (exacerbation or remission).
Chronic bacterial prostatitis
Signs of chronic prostatitis, caused by pathogenic microflora, appear periodically, with different intensity. In acute inflammation of the symptoms were most pronounced. Infectious, chronic flow prostatitis is manifested:
- The most common signs of inflammation in the body — fever, weakness, chills, muscle pain (occur during exacerbation);
- syndrome of local inflammation, pain in the stomach, aggravated after sexual intercourse, after defecation and urination, prolonged lack of intimacy;
- Disorders of the genitourinary system — intermittent urination, the turning of erectile ability;
- Of laboratory abnormalities detection in the prostate secretion and urine test for bacteria/fungi, signs of inflammation in the blood (leukocytosis, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and urine (leukocyturia, and proteins).
Out of the inflammation symptoms of chronic prostatitis deleted. The patient complaints indicate more impaired urination, decreased sexual desire and erectile other disorders, causing a pronounced nervousness.
Non-infectious chronic prostatitis: chronic pelvic pain syndrome
The name itself suggests the dominant in this type of chronic prostatitis symptom — pain. Due to the low intensity of the pain, chronic prostatitis non-infectious nature are often ignored.
Over time the pain increased a little, and the clinical picture symptoms of sexual dysfunction caused by the progression of the stagnation and decrease of muscle tone of the pelvic floor and the urinary sphincter.
Often the disease is completely asymptomatic. The diagnosis of chronic prostatitis is the detection of signs of inflammation of the prostate and hyperplasia during the diagnostic studies. The urine sample can be periodically recorded leukocyturia.
Methods of treatment of chronic prostatitis
In any case, the treatment of chronic prostatitis requires the individual selection of therapeutic schemes. This takes into consideration the cause of disease (infection, stagnation of the secretions or venous blood), the duration of flow and the presence of aggravating the pathology.
- Antibiotics treatment with antibiotics is indicated only in cases of severe inflammation, the identification of the bacterial agent in the urine or prostate secretion. Antibiotic therapy continues for 2-8 weeks. After completion of the course, the symptoms often remain intact, although the infectious factor is completely eliminated.
- Alpha - blockers are prescribed for high blood pressure, hypertonicity of the muscles of the bladder. Their application has no effect in violation of the innervation of the muscles and diseases of the pelvic floor.
- Symptomatic treatment chronic prostatitis — for the relief of pain drugs used Nsaids, often in the form of tablets, to eliminate the anxiety, we recommend taking selective antidepressants. Hormonal therapy — treatment with androgens is conducted in accordance with the deviation of hormonal level.
- Devices — to be designated only if it is proven by lab tests in immunodeficiency.
- Means for regulating the level of uric acid — only useful in the detection of stones in the prostate.
- Vitamin therapy is the method of choice in the treatment of chronic prostatitis become available vitamin-mineral complexes. Replacing them with dietary Supplements advertised does not bring healing results, in addition to spend the money.
Surgical treatment of prostatitis
Depending on the pathologic process of chronic prostatitis, apply a transurethral resection of the prostate (often replace open surgery), endoscopic drainage of the formed cysts of the prostate, surgical correction of the seminal vesicles with the violation of the outflow of secretions.
In advanced sclerosis is prostatectomy. Hyperplasia of the prostate effective ablative methods, microwave thermotherapy and laser ablation.
Other treatments of chronic prostatitis
Some doctors actively prescribe for patients with chronic prostatitis various methods of physical effects on the prostate. However, most of them have a large number of contraindications and are awarded only in certain cases:
- Prostate massage (available only a small part of the gland) when the hyperplastic changes in the body can cause acute urinary retention and contributes to the spread of the inflammatory process (to the development of sepsis). Also, massage can be performed on stones and cysts of the prostate, severe venous stasis. The release of the prostate of stagnant secret of the best way is with a natural ejaculation.
- Exercises for the bladder — specific exercises to lengthen the intervals between urination to 4-5 hours is effective in injury of the muscle tone of the bladder and its sphincter. However, their effectiveness is markedly reduced under a separate syndrome.
- Instillation — a deep infusion of drugs into the urethra is very painful and fraught with complications.
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound and phonophoresis, magnetic therapy and other methods of muscle stimulation suitable for use only in the case of reduced muscle tone of the pelvic floor. Physiotherapy, provide only temporary relief, and long-lasting effect is achieved by the removal of the cause of the disease.
- The traditional methods — home recipes (pumpkin seeds with honey, alcohol tincture of aspen bark, and others) are applied only with the approval of the attending physician and does not replace therapy.
Forecast: whether it is possible to cure chronic prostatitis?
The prognosis of chronic prostatitis depends on the timely treatment of the patient for skilled care. As you can see, the symptoms and treatment of chronic prostatitis in men are closely linked — in the absence of hyperplastic changes in the gland and degeneration, provides a comprehensive treatment, it is possible to achieve a lasting improvement.
This is important when you radically rethink your life: to avoid causing congestion factors, to get rid of bad habits and a proper diet.