Inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis ICD points to its list with several numbers. It all depends on the form of the pathology and the nature of its origin.
What is an ICD?
There is a regulatory document used in the medical community that is periodically reviewed by the World Health Organization. It includes a list of all the diseases and pathologies that occur in humans. It is called the International Classification of Diseases (ICD). Its main goal is to provide assistance in the study of the patient's condition and to create the optimal conditions for it by systematically recording the available data. The information is collected from all over the world and is coded under certain names. It can be completed and retrieved at any time for further study.
Great! The ICD table contains codes and groups marked with codes. A title can contain different forms and manifestations of the same disease. The entry is organized in alphabetical order for convenience.
Diseases of the prostate gland according to ICD-10
The list of diseases includes:
- acute prostatitis ICD 10 41. 0;
- chronic prostatitis ICD 10 41. 1;
- Prostate abscess - 41, 2.
- prostatocystitis - 41. 3.
- other inflammatory conditions of the prostate - 41. 8.
- unspecified inflammatory disease of the gland - 41. 9.
An ordinary person does not need to know ICD coding. Only a doctor can decipher and encrypt the diagnosis.
Prostatitis according to ICD-10
Prostatitis code according to ICD 10 - 41. If benign hyperplasia develops in the organ, then the disease is defined by a different number. Prostate adenoma according to ICD 10 in adults is numbered from 40 to 51. These headings include various fibroids and fibroids.
It is one of the most common urological diseases affecting men of any age. In general, the inflammatory process in the tissues of the glands is more often observed in a chronic form without visible acute points at the beginning.
Specialists classify the disease according to the nature of the course:
- acute, occurs in 50% of patients not older than 30-35 years. It is mainly associated with bacterial infections.
- chronic. It does not manifest for a long time and can develop in the background of an infectious process.
Due to the appearance, it happens:
- bacterium that appears inside the organ.
- non-bacterial, in which pathological changes take place mainly in chronic form.
- viral, in which the entire genital area is affected.
From the nature of the structural changes, the following are distinguished:
- fibrous form. Glandular tissue growth occurs quite rapidly and requires radical treatment. Clinically similar to ICD prostate adenoma of which 40, 0.
- computing. It occurs when stones form in the tissues of the glandular organ. It is considered a harbinger of cancer.
- stationary form. Appears with physical inactivity, prolonged abstinence from sex.
Causes and symptoms
Gland pathology, both chronic and acute, is directly related to inappropriate lifestyle behavior, smoking and alcohol addiction, and poor physical activity.
The main reasons why the disease develops even in young men are:
- sexually transmitted infections: gonococci, Escherichia coli, chlamydia, etc. Frequent change of sexual partners increases the risk of developing the disease.
- congestion in the pelvic organs associated with circulatory disorders.
- sedentary, sedentary life, physical inactivity.
- prolonged abstinence from sex, abuse of drugs that prolong sexual intercourse, deliberate delay of ejaculation during intimacy in order to prolong it.
- reduced immunity;
- psycho-emotional stress, intense stress.
- physical overwork;
- endocrine system failure
- unbalanced diet;
The signs of acute and chronic inflammation in the prostate are similar. Your doctor will help you identify the form of the disease after examination and diagnosis.
The acute form is accompanied by severe clinical symptoms and all the tissues of the glandular organ are involved in the pathological process. Therefore, the disease is painful, difficult: with an increase in body temperature, signs of general intoxication.
The patient complains about:
- heaviness and pain in the groin, pelvic area, lower back.
- feeling of compression of the rectum.
- increased desire to urinate, including at night.
- pain in the urethra after ejaculation and emptying of the bladder.
In the chronic form of the disease in the lower abdomen, some men experience pain of varying intensity, problems with erection and strength. In 95% of cases, the disease is practically asymptomatic.
ICD codes for acute and chronic prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis ICD code 41. 1 with any adverse factors may worsen. Acute inflammation of ICD 41. 0 leads to glandular tissue swelling, which is fraught with acute urinary retention.
Such diseases, in the absence of appropriate treatment, lead to serious complications:
- bladder obstruction
- development of male infertility.
- narrowing and scarring of the urethral canal.
- recurrent cystitis
- pyelonephritis and other diseases affecting the kidneys.
- depletion of glandular tissues, requiring immediate medical intervention.
- sepsis, which most often develops in people with weakened immunity.
Diagnosis of pathology
In some cases, a single rectal examination and familiarization with the patient's complaints for diagnosis is sufficient. However, inflammation is mainly diagnosed using laboratory and instrumental testing methods.
The patient reports:
- Blood and urine tests to identify infections and inflammation.
- analysis of prostate secretions.
- ultrasound examination of the prostate, kidneys, bladder.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the pelvic organs.
- PSA blood tests.
One of the most effective diagnostic methods is the rectal digital examination of the prostate. Although in the acute form, the organ is very sensitive and the procedure can cause severe pain to the patient.
Chronic prostatitis, the ICD code of which is included in the International Register of Diseases, requires complex treatment. The patient is advised to correct the diet, change the lifestyle, give up harmful addictions and start eating properly.
- Medication. Helps relieve pain, relieves inflammation, activates the regeneration of damaged cells of the glandular organ. Mainly suppositories are used, as well as antibiotics.
- Prostate massage. It is considered the most effective method to get rid of stagnant processes in the gland. It is performed independently or with the help of a specialist. The process is considered unpleasant, but must be carried out without failure.
- Spa therapy. With the help of mineral water in sanatoriums, men manage to deal with the chronic form. It is useful to drink healing water and take a bath in it.
- Physiotherapy. Thermal physiotherapy gives excellent results. Helps in the rapid assimilation of drugs, in the relief of general symptoms and in the increase of blood circulation in the problematic organ.
- Diet is an important step in treatment. The recovery diet should contain vitamins, fiber, amino acids and minerals. You should refrain from junk food (pickles, marinades, smoked meats, fried, fatty foods). The list of desired products includes sour milk drinks, lean meats and fish, nuts, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds.
Surgery is rarely used for chronic inflammation, when other methods of treatment do not give a positive result or purulent processes have begun.
Acute requires the use of drugs, the use of microcystic, rectal suppositories, analgesics, analgesics. The patient experiences bed rest and denial of intimacy. Once the acute period is over, prostate massage and physiotherapy are prescribed. It is very important for this type of disease to choose the necessary medications. This is only possible after proper diagnosis. What kind of funds will be prescribed and in what dosage, says the expert.
In order not to develop and worsen prostatitis, the ICD code 10 in adults refers to the number 41, you should follow the following rules:
- follow an active and healthy lifestyle. If it is not possible to visit the gym, it is necessary to do morning exercises, warm up during the working day and walk more. A kind of gym will serve as a ladder, along which a person climbs daily in his apartment.
- Avoid hypothermia of the body: do not sit on a cold surface, dress for the weather, etc.
- with constipation, include foods that relax the intestines in the diet, take mild laxatives. If the disorder becomes persistent, it is recommended that you consult a specialist.
- regulate sex life. Prolonged sexual abstinence is the first step towards the development of glandular diseases. If there is no permanent sexual partner, you can temporarily replace him with masturbation, but you should not engage in this activity.
- Avoid sexual intercourse without a contraceptive barrier. Sexually transmitted diseases may not be seen at first, but they can seriously damage glandular tissue, causing an infectious form of prostatitis.
- At the slightest suspicion of a sexually transmitted infection, you should consult a venereologist or urologist. Just get tested to find out what causes the unpleasant symptoms.
- It is necessary to visit a urologist at least once a year to rule out the possibility of the disease.
- "International classification is of no importance in the treatment of prostate inflammation of any etiology, as ICD 10 allows you to accurately determine the type of disease, make a diagnosis and carry out effective treatment measures. "
- "My father had prostate adenoma. The ICD code was deciphered by the doctor when it was determined by diagnosis. The scene is quite neglected, the gland has almost tripled. An operation was planned and it was successful. Recovery was delayed as age (over 60) and other chronic illnesses became apparent. "Now he has no complaints about the urogenital system. "
- «Χρ. ICD 41. 1 prostatitis is on my card. I have been suffering from this disease for a long time, but it very rarely gets worse, as I do everything to avoid the appearance of acute symptoms. The doctor said that chronic diseases do not go away, they may not appear for a long time, if you monitor your health properly. Therefore, I do sports - I run every morning, I do exercises, I do not drink alcohol, I do not smoke ".