The prostate plays an important role in the functioning of the male body - it normalizes the existence of sperm, thins the sperm and participates in the regulation of hormonal levels.
Today, prostatitis in men is quite common, according to statistics - 30% of men 30-55 years old suffer from this pathology, which is an inflammatory phenomenon in the prostate gland.
Forms of prostatitis
Experts distinguish between different types of pathology:
- Chronic bacterial - chronic type of pathology, caused by a bacterial infection.
- Chronic bacteria - a chronic inflammatory process caused by non-infectious causes.
- Acute form of pathology - chronic pain attacks concentrated in the genital area.
- The asymptomatic form of the pathology is difficult to determine, usually only after regular preventive examinations.
Signs of developing prostatitis
How does prostatitis manifest itself? Usually, doctors identify 6 signs that predict prostatitis. If a man noticed at least 2 signs from this list, then he should definitely consult a doctor:
- A weak stream of urine with a small range.
- Difficulty urinating.
- Painful effects when urinating.
- Duration of urination, splashing of urine, intermittent flow.
- Partial emptying of the bladder.
- Frequent desire to urinate, especially at night.
The doctor will always be able to determine the first signs of prostatitis in men and the treatment after the diagnosis will be carried out in time, with a positive result.
Causes of pathology
Experts talk about the following reasons for the formation of the disease:
- Weakening of the immune system - the protective barriers that prevent the occurrence of many viral infections are reduced.
- Infectious processes - viral elements, germs, bacteria enter the prostate through the blood or lymphatics. A sign of this phenomenon is that the temperature rises with prostatitis.
- A sedentary lifestyle - causes interruption of blood supply, oxygen deprivation.
- Circulatory disorders due to stagnation in the genital area - occurs due to unruly sexual life, long abstinence from sexual intercourse, irregular sexual intercourse.
Inflammation of the prostate can start due to the penetration of germs, but the development of infection requires a pathogenic microflora, which can be created as a result of the following factors - the presence of harmful addictions, constipation, hormonal disorders, trauma, hypothermia, etc.
Symptoms of pathology
How does prostatitis manifest itself? Significant symptoms that indicate the onset of prostatitis are a difficult urination process, painful sensations at the moment. Frequent desire to empty the bladder in small portions indicates the development of pathology. Therefore, you should definitely consult a doctor in this condition, otherwise the inflammation will turn into a chronic structure.
The early stages of the pathology may be asymptomatic. Acute forms of the disease are much easier to identify - the manifestation of the pathology is always sudden, sharp. It should be borne in mind that the course of the disease is due to the individual characteristics of the organism of each individual.
The following symptoms of prostate inflammation can be distinguished:
- Painful sensations in the perineal area.
- Increase in temperature.
- Intestinal movements are accompanied by painful attacks.
- Power disturbances.
- Frequent urination
- Increased sweating;
- General malaise
- Feeling of fullness in the bladder.
- Irritability, sudden mood swings.
- Secretory phenomena from the urethra during bowel movements.
Usually, only a few of the above points appear.
Increase in temperature
The development of an acute form of pathology is characterized by intoxication of the body, febrile condition and the temperature with prostatitis can also reach 40 degrees. Syndromes of the manifested pathology - violations in the area of urination. Acute type of prostatitis requires timely treatment, otherwise it can lead to negative consequences, up to surgery.
A prolonged decision to undergo a medical examination can affect the modification of the pathology into a chronic form, with a long period of development, which requires high financial costs for its treatment.
Pain attacks with the development of pathology
The complex structure of prostatitis is accompanied by painful symptoms. Pain in prostatitis in men is not characterized by accurate localization. In the absence of a healing process, pain attacks increase, spreading to other genitals. In advanced conditions, an acute stage of the disease, adenoma, develops.
It is known that the pain in prostatitis in men is short-term, long-term.
Regular painful attacks lead to an uncomfortable lifestyle, the development of nerves in males and worsen the quality of life.
Usually painful sensations appear at the following times:
- During urination
- During an erection;
- During sexual intercourse.
- Upon completion of intercourse.
- During bowel movements.
- Due to prolonged abstinence or, conversely, unruly sexual relations.
- After hypothermia
- Due to intense physical stress.
The lower back begins to ache when the pathology develops outside the prostate gland. Pain attacks are either dull or sharp. Due to the neglect of the pathology, the painful sensations can last for a long time. Therefore, it is so important to consult a urologist in time, because inflammation can go to the kidneys.
Also, pathologies in the prostate area are characterized by blunt or abruptly painful episodes in the groin, rarely in the leg.
Elimination of painful sensations is possible using the following methods:
- Prostate massage;
- Hormonal methods of treatment of pathology.
- A special diet to normalize a person's condition.
- Antibacterial ways to eliminate harmful elements.
- Use of adrenergic inhibitors to relieve urination.
Prostate adenoma or prostatitis?
Prostate adenoma is a benign tumor in the area of the prostate gland, usually this pathology is observed in men after 45-50 years. Hormonal imbalance is recognized as a major cause of pathology - over the years, the level of male hormones changes, decreases. There are also risk factors that contribute to the appearance of pathology - obesity, stress, atherosclerosis, harmful addictions.
The manifestation of the pathology is intense, therefore, already in the early stages of its development, an accurate diagnosis is possible.
The course of prostate adenoma in men is characterized by forward movement, growth, the tumor causes new clinical moments.
The symptoms of prostate adenoma and prostatitis in representatives of the strong half of humanity are similar - frequent difficulty urinating, burning sensation in the prostate, pain.
The course of prostate adenoma in men depends on the stage of this pathology.
The consequences of prostate adenoma in men are serious - kidney failure, cystitis, urolithiasis.
The doctor can detect signs of prostatitis in men and its treatment will be prescribed in time. To diagnose prostatitis, it is necessary to consult a urologist who will perform an examination and prescribe other important diagnostic procedures:
- Medical examination to compile a general clinical picture.
- Taking urine tests.
- Tests for STD detection.
- To determine the presence or absence of infections, a swab is taken from the urethra.
- Ejaculation analysis.
- Genital ultrasound.
- Biopsy - if cancer is suspected.
Using the results of the above procedures, the doctor prepares a treatment regimen for the disease in a given patient.
Methods for treating prostatitis
How to deal with this pathology? After the diagnosis of the disease, the doctor determines the treatment regimen for the pathology, usually a comprehensive approach is used, which consists of the following points:
- Antibacterial therapies - a specialist prescribes a course of drugs, ie antibiotics to eliminate harmful trace elements that lead to prostatitis. They also lower the temperature.
- Physiological effects, for example, through lasers, ultrasonic waves, electromagnetic waves.
- Traditional methods of treatment are used - hot bath procedures with medicinal herbs.
- The massage takes place in the area of the prostate - it frees the ducts from stagnation, increases the blood supply to the genitals.
- Herbal medicine - the use of decoctions of useful medicinal herbs, dietary supplements helps strengthen the immune system, fights infection.
- Psychotherapeutic methods - due to prostatitis, a man develops negative psychological problems, self-confidence disappears, fears appear during intercourse.
- Surgical treatments are used in advanced and severe stages of pathology, for example, prostate abscess.
- Improving the immune system - the doctor may prescribe the intake of certain vitamins, minerals, beneficial trace elements to strengthen the patient's immunity.
- Balanced, proper diet for prostatitis, refusal of alcoholic beverages, smoking, fatty foods, restriction of salt intake, as well as consumption of ordinary water - at least 2 liters per day.
It is important to monitor your health. To prevent the development of prostatitis, it is necessary to avoid exposure to factors that may lead to its occurrence:
- Do not overcool.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet.
- Do physical exercise, sports.
- Have sex with a regular partner, protect yourself from STDs.
- Get an annual checkup by a urologist for early diagnosis of the presence or absence of the disease.