Prostatitis injections are the most effective dosage form. Injections work much faster than tablets or suppositories. However, treatment with prostatitis injections is prescribed for specific indications and also has some contraindications.
Advantages and disadvantages of prostatitis injections
To understand what is best for suppositories, tablets or injections for prostatitis, you should consider the benefits of injections:
- Performance.The active substances enter the bloodstream immediately, reaching the center of inflammation within 5-10 minutes. It takes longer to dissolve tablets and suppositories. The pills work especially for a long time, as they must first pass through the digestive system, be absorbed into the blood.
- Ability to use accurate dosing.During injection therapy, the entire required concentration of the drug enters the bloodstream. When you use tablets, a certain part of the active substances is destroyed under the influence of stomach enzymes.
- Ease of execution.Injections can be given regardless of the patient's condition. For example, when a patient suffers from vomiting and can not take pills.
Disadvantages of the injection:
- The need for help from a health professional.
- Problem, painful process.
- Risk of infection at the puncture site.
- The possibility of adverse effects with incorrect injection, for example redness, inflammatory or purulent process.
When injections for prostate inflammation are prescribed
Injections for prostatitis in men are mainly used in the acute form of pathology. It is accompanied by severe symptoms, for example, severe pain, difficulty urinating. Such manifestations significantly reduce the patient's quality of life, therefore, they require immediate elimination.
In addition to the acute type of prostate inflammation, injections may be prescribed for:
- chronic form of prostatitis, if it is of bacterial origin.
- stagnation of blood in the small pelvis?
- severe erectile dysfunction?
- circulatory disorders in the groin area?
- infectious lesions of organs adjacent to the prostate.
Injections are often given after surgery on the urinary tract.
What injections are given for prostatitis
Injections for prostatitis are prescribed differently, depending on the cause of the disease, the existing symptoms. The treating physician should choose groups of drugs; self-injection therapy is strictly prohibited to prevent the disease from getting worse.
Antibacterial injections are designed to fight pathogenic microorganisms that cause an inflammatory process in the prostate. By destroying bacteria, drugs help repair infected prostate tissue.
It is important to understand that antibiotic treatment should be carried out strictly during classes. Even if the patient feels better, all symptoms have disappeared, the number of prescription injections must be completed. Otherwise, treatment will be considered incomplete, the pathology will return and it is more likely to turn into a chronic form.
PainkillersInjections for prostatitis pain in men are usually prescribed for an acute form of the pathology, as it is accompanied by severe painful sensations. Such injections are avoided if the syndrome is so severe that the patient cannot go to the toilet completely and sit or move.
Such drugs eliminate pain syndrome, normalize the condition of prostate tissues, relieve spasms. However, their long-term use is not allowed. The average treatment period is 1-3 days.
Immunomodulators are designed to support the functioning of the immune system. They are most often used in the chronic form of prostatitis, if the body is no longer able to independently fight pathogenic microorganisms.
It should be noted that doctors are still debating whether the use of immunomodulators is justified. It is believed that the effect of such drugs on the body is unpredictable. Ideally, the treating physician should perform immunological studies before prescribing them.
Anti-inflammatoryProstatitis is an inflammatory process in the prostate. The main effect should be exercised during the treatment. Therefore, anti-inflammatory drugs are the main components of treatment.
Doctors prefer injections for chronic and acute prostatitis such as Diclofenac and Ibuprofen. They are able to quickly relieve inflammation, as well as eliminate pain and fever.
When inflamed, the prostate tissue swells. Decongestant injections can normalize their condition. Their active ingredient is testicular hyaluronidase, obtained from bovine testes.
Medications soften connective tissues, improve blood flow, relieve prostate swelling, and prevent scarring. The course of treatment is 10 days, one injection daily.
The use of hot injections to treat prostatitis in men involves the introduction of a special drug into the bloodstream. This name was given to injections because after that the patient feels intense heat rush all over the body. The substance helps to relieve inflammation, to eliminate the symptoms of the disease.
It should be noted that skin contact may cause tissue damage. The dosage is determined by the treating physician. If left untreated, nausea, a sudden drop in blood pressure and loss of consciousness may occur.
Among the cheap and effective injections for prostatitis, there are aloe injections, which help to achieve the following result:
- improve blood circulation in the small pelvis, reduce blood viscosity, which allows to eliminate congestion, normalize the nutrition of prostate tissues.
- for the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms that cause inflammation in the prostate. Therefore, injections are often given in combination with antibiotic therapy to enhance the effect of antibiotics.
- get rid of inflammation in the affected organ.
- strengthens the immune system, which speeds up men's recovery.
Contraindications for the appointment of injections
Even the best prostatitis injections have a specific list of contraindications, depending on the active ingredient. Among the general prohibitions for all injections, one can distinguish atrophy of muscle tissue, skin lesions and subcutaneous fat at the site of puncture. If you do not take into account the contraindications, there is a risk of developing various diseases or aggravation, as well as an allergic reaction.Thus, injections in the treatment of prostatitis are given in the acute form, when it is necessary to quickly eliminate the expressed symptoms of the disease. In other cases, rectal suppositories and tablets are used.