Prostatitis called inflammation of the prostate gland. Currently, urologists are inclined to the view that prostatitis is not a disease, and unites the several diseases of the male genital area. This is one of the most common pathologies of the male genital tract, and according to experts, the percentage of men with prostatitis in one form or another, is constantly growing.
What is the reason for the prostatitis, what are the first signs and symptoms in men and what is prescribed as treatment for the acute stage of the disease — to learn.
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis is the most common urological disease in men in the reproductive period. According to polls, one third of them at least once in life have experienced symptoms that can be treated as inflammation of the prostate gland.
Prostatitis develops when the penetration of an infectious agent that enters into the tissue of the prostate from the urogenital organs (urethra, bladder) or from a remote inflammatory lesion (pneumonia, flu, tonsillitis, furunculosis). There are a number of risk factors that increase the chances for the development of prostatitis.
Prostate: what is it?
The prostate is a round body the size of a walnut. Location of prostate in men between the anus and the base of the penis. For the health of men, this organ is so important that sometimes called the second heart of man.
Of course, if you have problems with it, you can live a long time, who and himself with drugs, but it is much better if you can maintain prostate health for many years. If you have any questions about this part of the treatment will be long and difficult.
The photo shows that this unpaired endocrine glands. With age increases, and changes its form, the maximum size of a rate of about 20 years, while remaining physiologically exactly 45 years.
After reaching of a man of 45-50 years, the prostate begins to grow again, causing BPH. Benign hyperplasia of the prostate are common in medical practice, the phenomenon, which is similar to senile wrinkles, gray hair or reduced potency. The glandular tissue is responsible for the production of hormones and prostate juice, muscle for the maintenance of the lumen of the urethra to the desired diameter.
The volume of the body as a whole depends on the male figure, but on average are as follows:
|Normal size of prostate|
The prostate is involved in the formation of seminal fluid. Prostate juice contains protein, fat, some vitamins, enzymes. Her secret to a large extent, thawing of sperm, increase the vitality of sperm and the passage of a long time inside the reproductive tract of the woman.
Signs and symptoms of prostatitis, as well as its treatment, are completely different, which is associated with the presence of the disease of multiple species. First of all, the prostatitis in men are:
Sharp. Often has purulent. Signs of inflammation in men, and General and specific, are expressed to the maximum, and the causative agent is pathogenic flora. Therefore, in the treatment of men in most situations is the appointment of antibiotics.
- the introduction of the infection through sexual contact with an infected partner;
- the presence of the catheter in the urethra;
- surgical interventions in the urethra;
- stones and sand in kidneys.
This form of the disease is relatively easily diagnosed and treated with antibiotics. At the same time among men is very common cases of chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, which is more difficult to diagnose and there is no connection with the certain defeat of an infectious nature.
The chronic form
Prostatitis with chronic develops slowly. Initially, the symptoms of a weak, worried little man, but with time grow. Soon the slight discomfort becomes a serious problem. So in the first signs you need to contact the urologist who will help you to get rid of the inflammation and to drive long-term results.
Infectious prostatitis. The danger of this disease is that the diseases affect not only the prostate but nearby organs (bladder, rectum).
Bacterial. The main reason is the weakening of immune forces of the body, it can result in:
- diseases (AIDS, tuberculosis, diabetes, etc.);
- a stressful situation,
- heavy physical load;
- a bad habit, an addiction.
The causes are bacteria of some types. They include:
- E. coli;
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
- chlamydia, and Trichomonas;
- the bacterium Mycoplasma.
The first signs in men
The first signs of prostatitis that a man should definitely pay attention and address of the urologist:
- Severe pain when urinating. At the end of the process is not uncomfortable burning sensation.
- The increase of temperature of the body.
- The feeling is not completely empty the bladder.
- Discomfort in the area of the perineum and in the groin.
- Insufficient pressure plane during a visit to the restroom.
All these are the first symptoms of acute prostatitis. After a while they can go by themselves. But, this does not need to rejoice. The infection remains in the body. Therefore, it must be treated to avoid further outbreak of the pain and complications.
The first signs of prostatitis in men in the chronic form is almost identical with the signs of the acute phase of the disease, but it additionally joins:
- a significant reduction in the enjoyment of sexual relations, t.n. "blurry" orgasm, in which there is no previous thrills and total satisfaction does not happen.
- A man may notice how during bowel movement little mucus.
Prostatitis is the inflammatory changes in the prostate and it needs to understand that they arise not only under the influence of bacterial microflora. Causes of inflammation can be any of the factors that can lead to damage of the gland tissue and the destruction of its cells.
The main causes of prostatitis in men
- Obesity and a sedentary lifestyle impair the circulation of blood in the whole body, but especially in the pelvic area. Stagnant processes and are a common cause of prostatitis
- Infectious diseases. This can be how sexually transmitted diseases and infections, such as tuberculosis, which affects several organs
- Trauma to the groin area
- Hypothermia is also becoming a common cause of inflammation of the prostate
- A large number of diseases of the colon that are carried in the reproductive system (bacterial and infectious)
- Inflammatory processes of adjacent tissues and organs.
Some factors increase the risk of developing the disease:
- the young and the middle age;
- episodes of prostatitis that occurred in the past;
- infection of the bladder and urethra;
- injuries of the pelvis: most often occur during Cycling and horse riding;
- dehydration (lack of fluids in the body, most often due to a variety of diseases, running at high temperatures);
- the use of a urinary catheter (a special tube that is inserted through the urethra into the bladder – are used for a variety of diseases during and after the surgery);
- promiscuity, unprotected sex;
- frequent stress;
- heredity: some genes may make a person more susceptible to development of inflammation of the prostate gland.
The symptoms of prostatitis
All of the symptoms of prostatitis can be divided into 3 major groups:
- Dysfunction of the urinary apparatus. Another way this group of characters is called "dysuric disorders." You need to also include the symptoms that indicate the development in the prostate of inflammatory processes.
- Violations of the sexual sphere, specific for prostatitis.
- Changes in the nervous system caused by the primary process. Characteristics of the disease.
Regardless of the disease there are several basic symptoms:
- the body temperature of 37 to 40 degrees;
- body aches, fever;
- the burning sensation in the urethra;
- * pain when urinating;
- A general weakening of the body;
- sleep disturbances and psychological state, increases the likelihood of stress and depression;
- change the color of the urine;
- pain in the anus;
- disorders of erection, impotence, rarely;
- premature ejaculation.
Pain attacks when the prostate can be long and short. If they do not go away for a longer period, the quality of life of men decreases significantly. He is tormented by neuroses.
Pain when prostatitis occurs in the following cases:
- At the time of erection.
- For the time of urination.
- In a moment of intimacy.
- In the process of defecation.
- After severe hypothermia.
- Due to excessive physical exertion
Signs of acute prostatitis in men
There are three phases of acute prostatitis, which is characterized by a certain clinical picture and morphological changes:
- Acute catarrhal prostatitis. Patients complain of palpitations, often painful urination, pains in the sacrum and perineum.
- Acute follicular. The pain becomes more intense, sometimes radiating to the anus, worse during defecation. Urination difficult, urine flows in a thin stream. In some cases, there is retention of urine. Low-grade fever or mild hyperthermia.
- Acute prostatitis. Expressed General intoxication, hyperthermia to 38-40°C fever. Dizuricheskie disorder, often acute urinary retention. A sharp, pulsating pain in the perineum. The difficulty in defecation.
What other symptoms of prostatitis to be seen of men?
- They often suffer from disorders of the sexual function. Initially a little decreased libido, weakened erection.
- If the inflammation affects the testicles, a man may complain of premature or painful ejaculation.
- The sexual act becomes short and the recovery takes much longer.
- In the later stages of prostatitis can lead to impotence, which in many cases is the main motive for seeking treatment.
Symptoms of chronic
Maybe the patient had a pronounced acute period of the disease, passing, passes into the chronic form.
In this case the symptoms are as follows:
- Dull pain in the anus after defecation, radiating to coccyx;
- Regularly or irregularly pain in the groin;
- The trips to the toilet do not cause a lot of problems, but to begin with urination have little to strain on the stomach. The patient does not pay much attention to it;
- Sometimes after urinating remains a burning sensation in the urethra.
The first signs of chronic prostatitis can manifest itself in the course of a long period of time. Can disappear, and then come back to haunt them again.
The majority of men, inflammation of the prostate does not manifest itself explicitly. To be in the hidden condition, the symptoms of prostatitis occur only a few mild disorders:
- frequent urination,
- periodic discharge from the urethra,the
- burning and itching in the ureter,
- reduced potency,
- the falling quality of sperm and, consequently, inability to conceive,
- as well as pain in the pubic area, perineum and genital organs.
Possible complications of prostatitis include:
- of bacteremia – bacterial infection of the blood;
- epididymitis – inflammation of epididymis;
- abscesses of the prostate – in the prostate formation of cavities filled with pus;
- violations of sperm and infertility is a complication more specific for chronic prostatitis;
- the increase of the blood level of prostate specific antigen (PSA).
BPH, which is benign education, also, often develops as a consequence of prostatitis. If the adenoma and surgical intervention is inevitable.
The most serious complication of prostatitis in men – prostate cancer, which is fraught with most serious consequences.
Treatment of prostatitis in men
Treatment of prostatitis is depending on the form of the disease. Acute inflammation is an indication for hospitalization in the urology the hospital for chronic patients undergoing the therapy for at home. If the cause of the disease is the sexually transmitted infections, prescribed antibiotics should take both partners.
In the treatment of acute prostatitis important immediate of systemic antibiotic treatment. Most often the attending physician assigns the patient receiving trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, tetracycline, fluoroquinolones. In cases of prostatitis are caused by sexually transmitted diseases, treatment also involves receiving Ceftriaxone, doxycycline, etc.
The main groups of drugs include:
- Antibiotics. Be used in the form of tablets, capsules, suppositories, syrups and other species.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Drugs to improve immunity.
- Anti-stress medication.